Time to replace belts and tensioner

I have a Ford Edge, it's time to replace the belts, as they are starting to get glazed over and squeal a little bit when cold, what brand do you recommend? I'm going to have the tensioner done at the same time? Which brand, at one time Gates was a good brand.. Motorcraft, Gates, Dayco or Continental.
I have noticed, Dayco and Gates has a Serpentine belt component kit..

Last edited:
I would buy Ford dealer parts and not sweat it,

The aftermarket has way too much junk, including a lot of formerly decent brands such as Gates.
I've been reading tons of auto forums lately, I'm recovering from a surgery. After all the stories I've read about once good quality companies turning into cheap garbage, I would only get a motorcraft parts most of the time now.

What year and how many miles on the edge?

I've been reading tons of auto forums lately, I'm recovering from a surgery. After all the stories I've read about once good quality companies turning into cheap garbage, I would only get a motorcraft parts most of the time now.

What year and how many miles on the edge?
13 Edge 114,000

They stopped selling them years ago..

They only stopped selling them 2 years ago, so existing stock may still be available. However, there is nothing wrong with the new Continental OE Technology Series they replaced it with (which is a regular belt).

So, when I took possession of the 3 Corollas in my sig, I replaced the drive belts with Gatorbacks and haven’t looked back……..Think they were bought out by Continental……

This is correct. Continental called them Continental Elite.
I've never seen bando for my application.

Rock Auto carries Bando for your Edge.

They only stopped selling them 2 years ago, so existing stock may still be available. However, there is nothing wrong with the new Continental OE Technology Series they replaced it with (which is a regular belt).

This is correct. Continental called them Continental Elite.

Rock Auto carries Bando for your Edge.
They do not carry the stretch belt.

I was looking to grab a spare replacement serpentine for my RAV4 and saw Michelin belts now available on Amazon.

I found Motorcraft belts on eBay, obviously I don't know how long they've been sitting in storage for or anything, would any of you all sweat buying them?

I’ve been using the kits from Continental and have been satisfied with them. The most recent one I installed, the belt was made in Mexico, the idler in Germany, and the tensioner in Canada.

Back