The old Grand Am is gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well after 11 years and 142k miles, multiple wheel bearings..., brakes, a deer and other little things she's gone. Replaced with a new 2014 Dodge Avenger. Just a base model SE and that's all I need. Got a $3500 rebate on it so less than $20k out the door. I'll get more pictures later.

Nice man! Those 2.4L's are great engines. Should be a nice, comfortable ride you won't have to worry about for a long time.

I drove one on a trip in March...underpowered, but seemed OK. (Personally...I'd go with the Pentastar...)

Congrats and enjoy your new ride in good health. I'm sure it will be nice to only have to think about oil and filter changes and an occasional wash for awhile.

I know someone who traded a 99 Grand Am GT for a new Chrysler 200,he got it repossessed 4 months later...lol Nice while he had it though.

Is that the old dear on the right side of your first photo?
Good luck with the Avenger. Chrysler seems to have come a long way in improving reliability and the price seems very reasonable.

Nice new car! That's a lot of car for the coin. Here's hoping for many years and miles of trouble-free service!

I had a rental Avenger a couple of years ago with the 2.4. I had to pop the hood to see that it wasn't a V-6. The power was plenty adequate and the engine sounded sweet when revved. Nice ride.

Never drove one but the Avenger/200 seem like way more car then they ever got credit for. Chrysler really did a fine job refreshing those cars a couple years ago and they seem like a lot of bang for the buck.

We have a couple of four cylinder '13 Avengers in our fleet at work.
They are really decent cars to drive and they were bought for a price that made them a no-brainer.

A nice midsizer OTD for under $20k is a heck of a deal. I really like the 2011+ version of this car.

Thanks guys. It's a really nice car. Feels to have the same power as the 3400. I've drove it 220 miles and it still has a half a tank. The interior is quality. MUCH better than its competitors IMO. Tomorrow night she's getting a full detail.

I had a 2012 SE for a rental last year. Other than the obvious damage from being a beat on rental, not bad at all for the price point. I had no complaints with the design or function for a budget type model.

The 2.4 is adequate enough, although I think I would prefer the 3.5 myself for long term ownership.

Here's a quick pic. I did a quick detail before her first shirt road trip. I used Megs can wax from wally world.

I've always been partial to Chrysler products. I've had 5 minivans (1988 thru 1997), a 1988 Plymouth Reliant, a 1992 Dodge Spirit and my beloved 2003 PT Cruiser (still the best car I've ever owned). I enjoyed them all and had good luck with them. I'll be looking for something to replace the Villager next year...will be considering another Chrysler product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back