The "NEW" Federated Auto parts filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
For as long as I can remember, Fed's brand of filter were the economy Clarcor filter..aka Casite. Clarcor premiums are of course Hastings and Baldwin.

Federated's house brand is now an imported filter... things LOOK to be manufactured correctly, but I don't recognize the factory.. I THINK it's the stuff that was sold as "driveworks"

Not an E-core... I know what those are. This one actually has a bit of heft. I'll have to get some pictures of the new ones.

The traditional "Hastings" fed filters had the "Grater" center tube.. this one has a center tube like a purolator or Wix. The ADBV is now orange..(Silicone?)

They are made in China.....

I really liked the old ones, but I can't find a reason to hate the new ones other than I'd prefer domestic to import.

Buy one and cut it open
smile.gif

You can make nitrile and silicone any color you want. Doesn't guarantee anything.

Does read as though Federated has found a new oil filter manufacturer/supplier. Orange adbv would tend to indicate silicone adbv. That said, don't recall seeing any made in China filters posted here before using silicone/orange adbv. New STP Extended Life does, but it's made in S. Korea.

Quite a change for Federated, seems they have had Clarcor as a manufacturer/supplier for a long time.

Pics, even of unused one would be good.

Originally Posted By: CapitalTruck
I know which design you're talking about, I think they also make filters for Parts Plus.

I thought the same thing myself when I saw them. It could very well be the same as a PartsPlus.

I have a few of them... so I'll photograph them tonight.

Prices on them are virtually the same as the Clarcor made ones.

Fed still sells Hastings premium filters... but the house brand has shifted to this import.

^^^^Just off the top of my head, looks very similar to/same as the FVP Reliagard filter, also with a coo of China, that has been posted here before. One on right does 'look' to be a silicone adbv.

The Hastings premiums are still sold there. I may just go that route and spend the extra bucks.

Hastings is and always has been top shelf quality.

Originally Posted By: DSparks
Bet it looks something like this...driveworks..etc...
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...651#Post3663584

I believe that is the same filter as fed... everything I see on his is the same... and my one filter IS the same size... the "big ford" size.

The construction of them looks proper... and for a general purpose 5k interval, I don't see why not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back