The interesting (and unpredictable?) NFL season

Status
Not open for further replies.
There have been a lot of surprising outcomes in many of the NFL games so far this year. This weekend was more of the same. I think the two biggest surprises were the Carolina Panthers killing the Atlanta Falcons and especially last night in the New England/Houston game. Even as a NE fan, I expected a close game (maybe even the Pats losing), not the total nuclear destruction that the Pats did to the Texans. I think my favorite NFC team, the 49ers, have reason to be majorly worried about next Sunday night when they head to Foxboro.

I think anyone would be jumping the gun big time if they try and pick a Super Bowl winner now because I think you have at least 10 teams who are quite capable of doing so. The NFL is so unpredictable right now that watching it is like seeing a NASCAR race at Daytona or Talladega. Since when did the NFL start using restrictor plates?!?
lol.gif

Originally Posted By: mercuryblues
Since when did the NFL start using restrictor plates?!?
lol.gif

when the thought of eliminating kickoffs started...ridiculous, David Wilson proved that this weekend

With the billions of revenue,why not hire an extra guy or two to review all plays?
It would make the game FASTER, and more importantly, FAIR for once.

And what about the Detroit Lions loss[Thanksgiving] when the coach called for a replay when it was already an automatic replay? He was PUNISHED by having an obviously downed play turned into a touchdown against them! They lost.

It's beyond belief - preposterous!

Quote:
And what about the Detroit Lions loss[Thanksgiving] when the coach called for a replay when it was already an automatic replay? He was PUNISHED by having an obviously downed play turned into a touchdown against them! They lost.

He knew the rules and he blew it. I feel sorry for the bad call but not the coach. He gets paid lots of money to know these things.

Originally Posted By: mechtech2
With the billions of revenue,why not hire an extra guy or two to review all plays?

You think reviewing every play would make the game faster? This would end the hurry-up offense and would turn an NFL game into Madden 2013!
Think about all the plays that are already reviewed and are called wrong (Packers vs. Seahawks for sure).

Originally Posted By: shell_user
I am surprised by the Ravens
??? They always win their division. Not sure I follow...

I am surprised by Denver. I thought they would be better with Manning as the QB, but I didnt think they would be this much better so fast.

Originally Posted By: shell_user
I am surprised by the Ravens and th SEAHAWKS
Getting thier new rookie QB was one of the best decisions this Seahawk franchise has ever done...now they have something to work with and a real game changer.

Originally Posted By: Blaze
Getting thier new rookie QB was one of the best decisions this Seahawk franchise has ever done...now they have something to work with and a real game changer.
You mean signing Matt Flynn to that monstrous contract wasn't their BEST decision???
27.gif

Man, it would be nice to be THAT guy...

Well, the RAVENS usually win that division, but they lost to Philadelphia, and Houston, although against Houston they didnt have Ray Lewis. I picked SEATTLE and New England myself in the bowl. Maybe it will be rematch #3 between New England and the NY Giants

Originally Posted By: dwcopple
Originally Posted By: Blaze
You mean signing Matt Flynn to that monstrous contract wasn't their BEST decision???
27.gif

Man, it would be nice to be THAT guy...
No,,, Russel Wilson is who I was referring too.

The AFC will be predictable for the next five years. The 6 playoff teams in the AFC for the next five years. I predict in no particular order: NE Patriots, Pittsburgh Steelers, Baltimore Ravens, Houston Texans, Indianapolis Colts, and Denver Broncos. I don't see any major shakeup anytime soon in the AFC unltess Brady or Manning retire

Originally Posted By: Tempest
Quote:

He knew the rules and he blew it. I feel sorry for the bad call but not the coach. He gets paid lots of money to know these things.

Very true.
But he is also pressured to IMMEDIATELY call for a review.
The vagaries of a rule can not be contemplated at that time.

Originally Posted By: XtraRevsSurely
Originally Posted By: mechtech2

You think reviewing every play would make the game faster? This would end the hurry-up offense and would turn an NFL game into Madden 2013!
Think about all the plays that are already reviewed and are called wrong (Packers vs. Seahawks for sure).

Every play would not have to be replayed. Not at all.
A more fair system should be implemented. Like weathermen, referees are paid whether right or wrong. Why not change this also?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back