More thuggery in the NFL, Beckham not ejected?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
Originally Posted By: GiveMeAVowel
Just more proof that the NFL is a joke.

What does that say about the people who sit around and watch it?

Some of us are older and have been watching the NFL since we were kids. There hasn't always been this "thug" mentality in the NFL. Believe it or not, players in the NFL used to conduct themselves in a professional manner. They used to respect each other. Now we have this. With the fall of our society, so goes the game...and it's not just the NFL that's been taken over by the thug mentality, it also basketball and baseball too (and pretty much any sport with black athletes)...those of us who love the game have nowhere else to turn...and I'm sorry, because someone is going to bring it up, but college and high school football, while fun to watch, is just not the same as the pros...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

Some of us are older and have been watching the NFL since we were kids. There hasn't always been this "thug" mentality in the NFL. Believe it or not, players in the NFL used to conduct themselves in a professional manner. They used to respect each other. Now we have this. With the fall of our society, so goes the game...and it's not just the NFL that's been taken over by the thug mentality, it also basketball and baseball too (and pretty much any sport with black athletes)...those of us who love the game have nowhere else to turn...and I'm sorry, because someone is going to bring it up, but college and high school football, while fun to watch, is just not the same as the pros...

That's complete [censored]. I remember Joe Green body slamming a QB and I remember Jim McMannon from the Bears getting slammed. Both of those effected the career of the QB. Bill Romanoski spit in the face of a player. Let me do research, and I'm sure I could come up with a list of thug like behavior from the 70s and 80s. Football is an emotional and physical game.

What's funny, is there was a thread from a year or so ago calling Richard Sherman a thug for trash talking. Call me crazy, but the definition of thug keeps changing........

Originally Posted By: bvance554
Kinda late to the game here aren't we? You obviously don't watch football but just felt the need to pile on after its been all over the news. Is this to to tell everyone you don't like football? Your way of showing us how evolved you are? If you don't like football, then don't watch, but don't comment on what you don't watch. You're a tool. What he did was uncalled for, he got out of hand, he knows that, and he's being punished. Can we stop crucifying the guy?

You don't need x-ray vision to see thru GMAV's intentions.

Originally Posted By: whip

That's complete [censored]. I remember Joe Green body slamming a QB and I remember Jim McMannon from the Bears getting slammed. Both of those effected the career of the QB. Bill Romanoski spit in the face of a player. Let me do research, and I'm sure I could come up with a list of thug like behavior from the 70s and 80s. Football is an emotional and physical game.

What's funny, is there was a thread from a year or so ago calling Richard Sherman a thug for trash talking. Call me crazy, but the definition of thug keeps changing........

And Conrad Dolbler bit like a pitbull, he and Dan Diedorf poked eye's and bite fingers all game long. IMO the NFL is now NBA on crack.

Deacon Jones, **** Butkus, Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Conrad Dobler, Lyle Alzado, Matt Millen, Chuck Cecil, Jack Youngblood, Alex Karras, Randy White, and Ray Nischke are a few players from yesteryear that were dirty.

I don't understand why people try and give examples why somehow back in the day people were more honorable. A guess could be an inferiority complex?

Originally Posted By: dave1251
Deacon Jones, **** Butkus, Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Conrad Dobler, Lyle Alzado, Matt Millen, Chuck Cecil, Jack Youngblood, Alex Karras, Randy White, and Ray Nischke are a few players from yesteryear that were dirty.

I don't understand why people try and give examples why somehow back in the day people were more honorable. A guess could be an inferiority complex?

More like a supremacy complex.

Deacon Jones, **** Butkus Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Conrad Dobler, Lyle Alzado, Matt Millen, Chuck Cecil, Jack Youngblood, Alex Karras, Randy White, and Ray Nischke are

Looks like you have a racial agenda right there...

Nothing like a romantic racist rant to start your day.

Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: bvance554
Kinda late to the game here aren't we? You obviously don't watch football but just felt the need to pile on after its been all over the news. Is this to to tell everyone you don't like football? Your way of showing us how evolved you are? If you don't like football, then don't watch, but don't comment on what you don't watch. You're a tool. What he did was uncalled for, he got out of hand, he knows that, and he's being punished. Can we stop crucifying the guy?

You don't need x-ray vision to see thru GMAV's intentions.

BINGO!

Originally Posted By: hillclimber

Why are you watching if you must endure these "thugs"?

It was on the nightly network news, which I do occasionally watch.
Every freaking channel had this story on it.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: FastGame

And Conrad Dolbler bit like a pitbull, he and Dan Diedorf poked eye's and bite fingers all game long. IMO the NFL is now NBA on crack.

Yep.
whistle.gif
smirk.gif

Not to defend Beckham's actions.

"In Sunday's pregame warmups, at least one Panthers official carried black baseball bats on the field and was motioning with them towards Odell Beckham Jr. while making comments to him, according to Adam Schefter. Josh Norman later grabbed the bat and swung it in pregame warmups, which an NFL Films camera captured. Beckham, according to another source, felt threatened."

Deion Sanders apparently said Norman called Odell a [censored] slur and would end his career.

While apparently motioning the bat.

Norman's twitter response was so classy also.

Except MANY other teams do the SAME thing by carrying bats on the field as motivational tool.

The NFL reminds me of this....

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Deacon Jones, **** Butkus Jack Lambert, Jack Tatum, Conrad Dobler, Lyle Alzado, Matt Millen, Chuck Cecil, Jack Youngblood, Alex Karras, Randy White, and Ray Nischke are

Try again.

Try again.

Looks like he's got your number.
beer3.gif

Try again.

Looks like he's got your number.
beer3.gif

Ha!! What would this agenda be? Please explain because I would like to know how 'he's got his number.' Sometimes you should just say nothing at all.

Now, take a look at Johnny Unitas. There was a haircut you could set your watch to.
wink.gif

Beckham went over the line with his antics, and has been assessed a one game suspension. The game will carry on in his absence (assuming he doesn't get a stay from the governor at today's meeting) and continue to be closely followed by the many, many millions of devout fans across the land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back