Tesla blamed drivers for failures of parts it long knew were defective

I'm not defend the poor customer service these people got, but it seems a letter to a lawyer, ministry of transport and the SAE, cc'd to Tesla customer service would've probably result in the repair being magically covered all of a sudden...
Customers who don't stand up for themselves get ripped off by dealers and manufacturers all the time. Tesla has a bit of an odd dynamic without a semi independent dealer to hold the manufacturer accountable, and to act as a knowledgeable source on the ground and who wants to keep this particular person a customer.
Most people buying a Tesla have some resources to put up a bit of fight, but it seems some didn't. Hopefully Tesla gets sued and learns their lesson.

I do find it a bit funny that some people assume Musk is like an all knowing and seeing god, and personally decided to put sub standard parts on cars, and then not warranty them... There was probably 10 guys between Musk and the team responsible for this part...
After watching him a bit on Joe Rogan's show, he reminds me of some engineering students in university, a bit nerdy, idealistic, and pretty sure he's got the best ideas in the room, and not always aware that he doesn't... In Musk's case he has had a few good ideas, and capitalized on them, but he's human, and as long as the right people in government and in his companies say "no" to him and can clearly articulate why they said "no", and suggest a better way, he should do the right thing most of the time IMO.

He's not a tobacco industry executive, or Ford executive responsible for crunching the numbers on Pinto gas tanks, I think he has some morals and lots of goals other than making money at any costs.
Morals?

The guy has a bunch of kids with different women.

He is not bi-polar, he has been diagnosed with ASD (Autistic Spectrum Disorder, Asperger's syndrome to be exact). This explains a LOT about how he thinks and acts as well as what he says and does. Individuals with ASD have brains that are wired differently than the rest of us. It has been said that another "Messiah", Steve Jobs, also had ASD. Both of them can be described as intelligent visionarys but both are/were sadly lacking in social skills.
He could be lying about ASD as well. He lies about everything else.

Tesla isn't a good company at all. They honestly don't even have a good product. IMHO, they are a niche type of car, that supports the current "fad". They have always done their customers wrong. They certainly arent supportive when that battery pack give up the ghost lol

Still amazing they got the car as far as they did and as quickly. Failures are expected.

The are the top selling luxury vehicle by a decent margin over BMW.

Once they get rapid charging to 5-10 mins and accessible like fuel for full range I am interested.

Tesla isn't a good company at all. They honestly don't even have a good product. IMHO, they are a niche type of car, that supports the current "fad". They have always done their customers wrong. They certainly arent supportive when that battery pack give up the ghost lol
That explains why they sell so many cars.

Still amazing they got the car as far as they did and as quickly. Failures are expected.

The are the top selling luxury vehicle by a decent margin over BMW.

Once they get rapid charging to 5-10 mins and accessible like fuel for full range I am interested.
I don't understand how they got the luxury tag. Tesla aren't luxurious at all. Must be purchase price. You compare the interior of a plaid vs a Mercedes S63 it's not even close. Teslas have the interior of a Hyundai Sonata lol

What you wrote sounds just like Ford, GM, Chrysler, Toyota, Nissan, etc... I'm not a Tesla fan at all but the judgment of them should be measured against the rest of the field.

I've ridden in the 3 and Y as Ubers, they are NOT luxury cars. Also had an X as an Uber, a bit nicer and could see that considered "luxury".

But anything being driven as an Uber doesn't scream luxury to me.

It's a niche market. If you want an EV, you buy a Tesla. Notice EV sales are terrible for every other car manufacturer?
They're sure selling a lot of cars in a niche market. They're the only ones that make a small no nonsense car and crossover. You can label it any way they want, but they're doing well for themselves. I'm not interested in owning another brand EV at this point anyway. I don't care how good any of the other ones drive, they don't have full access to all of the Supercharging network and any car that doesn't as an EV is useless to me.

If everyone else stopped pushing stupid trucks and expensive SUVs maybe I'd be interested in something else. I still wouldn't be able to charge it on the road here, but the amount of EVs available to me that have a form factor of a compact car with decent range is about two notches above zero. The Mini is useless on range, the Bolt just has that econobox feel I can't stand reminding me too much of the Spark, VW gives us one weak crossover, Ford same problem plus that dumb truck, Lucid while cool is huge and expensive, Rivian is all about the stupid "lifestyle" offroader which I find to be about the most poser market on the planet and easily the douchiest one there is filled with the Bronco, TRX, and Raptor.

I like the Polestar 2 but I'd have to drive 5 hours to buy one and have no service centers in the state. There just isn't anything else. Some will say Kia and Hyundai but I really dislike those brands and I just can't stand the styling. I had about 5 seconds where I liked the Ioniq 5 and then I parked my GTI next to one and realized it's an SUV too. Car companies are killing cars of all kinds regardless of what they're powered by and the form factor of the new stuff is huge and ridiculous.

I hate it here.

It's a niche market. If you want an EV, you buy a Tesla. Notice EV sales are terrible for every other car manufacturer?

Hyundai Kia is doing pretty well and their offering is competitive.

Light years beyond the other US domestic efforts which have been good looking cars but possessing metrics more disappointing than Water World.

I’m
I've ridden in the 3 and Y as Ubers, they are NOT luxury cars. Also had an X as an Uber, a bit nicer and could see that considered "luxury".

But anything being driven as an Uber doesn't scream luxury to me.
In terms of price, driveline and also absolutely superior tech they fall into luxury. Reality is Cadillac also got the luxury branding in past and current and was a mediocre build quality too.

It was sorted out fairly quickly by Ford but by then a handful had already got out the door.
Yeah...Ford 'sorts' things out quickly....I responded to a few exploding Pintos in my day to know how true that is....not. And GM and Chrysler aren't any better.
I think a lot of people are going after Tesla (Musk) for reasons besides his cars...but I'm still a fan of his.

People who believe that tesla is a luxury car, likely thought the Chevette was luxury in 1980.
For sure the Chevette is a lot better looking car than anything tesla has made.
If I was offered a new Chevette, or new tesla, I would choose the Chevette.

images(1903).jpg

People who believe that tesla is a luxury car, likely thought the Chevette was luxury in 1980.
For sure the Chevette is a lot better looking car than anything tesla has made.
If I was offered a new Chevette, or new tesla, I would choose the Chevette.

View attachment 194366
Good for you. 👍

I've owned both. That Chevette is the worst thing I've ever driven. Anemic, horrible 3 speed automatic and was downright dangerous getting on the highway. I'll assume you've never driven one.

I don't think the Tesla is a luxury car. My VW is more luxurious in that sense. The Tesla also can be bought for less money than a new version of my VW so it's priced accordingly.

Back