Techron

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use it in my cars and truck. Just acquired a large v-twin cruiser. Thinking of using
some in this beast. Anyone else use techron in their bike gas?

Yep sure do. Use it in all my vehicles from time to time. Never had a problem yet and hope this stuff keeps it that way.

Originally Posted By: gwdriver
I use it in my cars and truck. Just acquired a large v-twin cruiser. Thinking of using some in this beast. Anyone else use techron in their bike gas?
Why? If you think there might be some fuel system deposits, the Techron Concentrate Plus Fuel System Cleaner might help. Otherwise its main benefit is to allow you to go faster due to your lighter wallet.

Upper cylinder lube? A cure in search of a problem. Exactly what problem has been cured by any UCL?

Originally Posted By: gwdriver
I use it in my cars and truck. Just acquired a large v-twin cruiser. Thinking of using
some in this beast. Anyone else use techron in their bike gas?

You bet gwdriver! The Techron fuel additive is one of the best on the market, there have been many service bulletins from Ford and GM recommending its use (and I even heard from a GM Service Manager that the GM version that they sell at the dealerships is simply relabeled Techron, not 100% sure it's fact, but what I had heard).

The only caution I would recommend is as oldhp said, be sure to use the proper ratio to whatever sized fuel tank you have so you don't overwhealm the system, secondly, many have used Techron and other fuel injection cleaners throughout their OCI, but if possible to be on the safe side I would run the recommended ratio with a full tank of gas just before you plan on changing out the oil (this way there won't be a chance of high amounts of fuel dilution in your oil which could possibly decrease the oils viscosity).

I use a PEA based cleaner once or twice a year. Usually the tank before an oil change. Keeps the fuel sender clean of deposits (sulfur in gas can mess up sending units, GM has a tech bulletin on it).

I have a Suzuki SV1000s, fuel injected 1000cc V twin. I used a half bottle of Techron and I swear it helped it run smoother.

Thanks guys! Bike specs premium, I think the the previous owner ran reg and let it set awhile. Just want to make sure the FI is clean. Bike runs great but this sight has made me to anal.

Well cruisers that spec premium is usually for the higher octane not for the detergency. Usually these are engines that generate a lot of heat for their relatively mild compression(big air cooled V twins) that can cause low octane fuel to pre detonate. This is usually in the rear cylinder which is primarily cooled by oil versus air.

However, it is always good to throw a bottle in the tank, even with premium here and there. It will keep any low fuel/gauge sending units clean and keep the injectors working well. Also should clean out some carbon and valve deposits.

The Gumout with Regane uses the same detergent as Techron, and the Red Line stuff is even better than both, but about double the price.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back