Takeuchi TB015 hydraulic oil change

Status
Not open for further replies.

PRM

Hello Im new here and I have a question about hydraulics. Im also new to heavy equipment. I purchased a TB015 excavator for some home projects and I want to go through it before starting to use it. Im good on everything except for the hydraulics. It all works but the oil tank is a bit low, it has 3k hours and I want to change all the fluid. THe manual does not specify what fluid to use, I see ISO68 available locally is that OK to use?

ALso does anyone know the TB015 setup? It looks like the tank drain is a huge nut (what size is it?) its located in a tough spot and will need a socket for it. Also, is just draining the tank and refilling it enough or is there a way to bleed out the fluid from the rest of the system?

Lastly do I need to prime/bleed the hydraulic pump at all?

Thank You ~ Phil

Download a service manual - found several places you can get them for $10 or less. It will outline the proper procedure for hydraulic fluid change. This would include any priming or bleeding of the pumps/motors...although I doubt any of that is necessary.

Viscosity depends on the temperature you will be using it in, and design of the cooling system. Chances are it will be good on a premium grade anti-wear hydraulic fluid in an ISO 46 grade. This is also probably spelled out in the service manual. ISO 68 is probably overkill unless you are in a very high heat area...and will rob you of a little bit of efficiency.

Hi thanks for the info, I have a PDF version of the manual but it doesn't specify the oil type. It does explain the method to change it and bleed the pump and then pressurize the system but some of it doesn't make sense and was looking for someone elses wording on it. I have a older tractor and there is nothing in the manual about pressurizing the system so wondering what that really does.

Thanks

~ Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back