Synthetic blend

You are focused on the wrong thing.

Look at the specification, not the base stock description. Stop talking about “conventional” or “semisynthetic” because that is not the issue.
See here and here.

What specification does your engine require? Dexos?
See here and here.

Was the oil they put in Dexos certified?
The summary of the thread so far is that no Dexos oils exist which are conventional and Dexos 1 blends are old. Based on the info provided, it appears the answer is likely no.

See here and here.

See here and here.

The summary of the thread so far is that no Dexos oils exist which are conventional and Dexos 1 blends are old. Based on the info provided, it appears the answer is likely no.
One of the functions of asking questions, is to lead the person to the answer.

I am aware of the situation, but the OP is not, so, by use of rhetorical questions, I had hoped to lead him to the answer

IMG_1963.jpeg

If you want to follow the original owners manual ask yourself why GM changed Dexos 1 by two generations since your manual was printed and used the synthetic blend...do any of the updates affect your engine???...would using Dexos 1 Gen 2 or Dexos 1 Gen 3 make a difference???...does any conventional oil meet your owners manual recommendation???

my 2005 GMC Yukon Denali 6.0 was made before Dexos was a thing at GM but I still prefer to use a Dexos 1 Gen 3 (now) full synthetic oil at least partially for the reasons on the chart shown by 4WD above my post...and partially as two other vehicles I maintain also use 5W-30 Dexos 1 Gen 3 oils per GM recommendations...

Bill

Back