suzuki branded oil

Status
Not open for further replies.

aub

Is Suzukis 10w40 oil any good? The stuff is made by SOPUS just wonderd if it is any were close to Rotella?

My buddy uses it in his SV650 (the ugliest bike ever made). No problems with it. I can't related it to other stuff sorry.

Last edited:
I used it (the dino stuff) for about 50,000 miles in my TL 1000 when I could get it cheap, worked fine. IIRC?? theres a VOA somewhere on here of it.

Quote:
IIRC theres a VOA somewhere on here of it.

And, here's the VOA you mentioned (even one for their syn 15-50). The Suzuki stuff is no better or worse than a bunch of other product out there, I guess.
21.gif

I'm sure Suzuki doesn't own it's own refinery or actually make the oil it sells. Like other motorcycle mfgrs, they put out a spec to the oil company's, and the lowest bidder gets the contract.Sure it will work in your bike as well as any other brands oil will. Just may cost 50% more for the privilege.,,

Originally Posted By: BigCahuna
I'm sure Suzuki doesn't own it's own refinery or actually make the oil it sells. Like other motorcycle mfgrs, they put out a spec to the oil company's, and the lowest bidder gets the contract.Sure it will work in your bike as well as any other brands oil will. Just may cost 50% more for the privilege.,,

+1

I've owned Suzuki products for more than 26 years. Never used a drop of Suzuki branded oil nor any other motorcycle branded oil. There's much better value oil available for a fraction of the cost. Shell Rotella T for instance.

Originally Posted By: beast3300
My buddy uses it in his SV650 (the ugliest bike ever made).

I have an SV and I take offense to that, it isn't uglier than a BMW GS or KTM 990 Adventure, or even a V-Strom, or how about a Versys?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Originally Posted By: Zedhed
Originally Posted By: beast3300
My buddy uses it in his SV650 (the ugliest bike ever made).

I have an SV and I take offense to that, it isn't uglier than a BMW GS or KTM 990 Adventure, or even a V-Strom, or how about a Versys?
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

I had a naked SV1000, and it was definitely uglier than my V-Strom is...
23.gif
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back