Steve Jobs relationship with his oldest daughter, sad read

Hasn't Bill Gates put millions into philanthropy? He may not have been the best husband but I don't think he gets lumped in with Jobs. Jobs was a monster.

I guess one of the deals with Jobs was that he was really stingy with his philanthropy and known for being really nasty towards people he didn't know. And even to people he did know. He was definitely wired differently.

I remember reading about someone who wrote a regular column in a local news website. I won't get into the topic of the column (it was tech plus something else I won't mention directly), but she was an Apple fan and I think covered Macworld Expo one year. She saw Jobs just standing some place and trying saying hi to him and he just went off on her then turned away.

Yes, love or hate him, Bill Gates has put an incredible amount of money into philanthropy and charity work.
Much of it came from Warren Buffet - who on the exterior - with his simpler lifestyle appears to be a better person - only he happens to like hauling crude oil along pristine rivers …
(instead of pipelines) …

Tough to read this article. Before going on, proper disclosure requires there are two sides to every story, and this is exclusively one side.

Before questioning Steve Jobs alleged motives as a dad, one must remember the Johhny Cash song " a boy named Sue". Being tough on children can pay dividends in some circles. The daughter did graduate from Harvard.

But I can't see any justification at any level to degrade a child.

I am new here, this is my first comment, I ll try to not say anything that may trigger anyone but...two things, -1- when Jobs said 28% of men could be the father, that clearly meant he believed the mother slept around a lot...Although it is hurtful to the daughter, the accusation of being a whore was directed at the mother, not the daughter... and if he was convinced another man was the father, of course he had a hard time accepting the daughter ( after the DNA test he should have mellowed but apparently did not...but we were not there so who knows )... -2- Jobs' father was a Syrian Muslim, and anyone who is well informed knows that in many Muslim nations, men do not treat women very well, I mean that is why in so many of those nations women must cover their hair or their entire body and are not allowed to leave the house unless accompanied by a family member and in some Muslim nations women are not even allowed to drive....Should we be all that surprised that Jobs who was half Middle Eastern was cold and harsh with his daughter ?

-2- Jobs' father was a Syrian Muslim, and anyone who is well informed knows that in many Muslim nations, men do not treat women very well, I mean that is why in so many of those nations women must cover their hair or their entire body and are not allowed to leave the house unless accompanied by a family member and in some Muslim nations women are not even allowed to drive....Should we be all that surprised that Jobs who was half Middle Eastern was cold and harsh with his daughter ?
Jobs was given up for adoption and not raised by his biological father. The genes were there but the cultural influence wasn't.

I am new here, this is my first comment, I ll try to not say anything that may trigger anyone but...two things, -1- when Jobs said 28% of men could be the father, that clearly meant he believed the mother slept around a lot...Although it is hurtful to the daughter, the accusation of being a whore was directed at the mother, not the daughter... and if he was convinced another man was the father, of course he had a hard time accepting the daughter ( after the DNA test he should have mellowed but apparently did not...but we were not there so who knows )... -2- Jobs' father was a Syrian Muslim, and anyone who is well informed knows that in many Muslim nations, men do not treat women very well, I mean that is why in so many of those nations women must cover their hair or their entire body and are not allowed to leave the house unless accompanied by a family member and in some Muslim nations women are not even allowed to drive....Should we be all that surprised that Jobs who was half Middle Eastern was cold and harsh with his daughter ?

Steve Jobs was adopted and didn't know his biological father during his youth. In no way can his biological father's background be associated with how he treated other people.

That being said, he actually met his biological father, who operated a restaurant that he frequented. He didn't realize that his was his father until later, when he refused to meet him again. His full biological sister (who he didn't meet until they were adults) tracked the father down. She hadn't seen him since their parents got divorced (married after Steve was born).

Hasn't Bill Gates put millions into philanthropy? He may not have been the best husband but I don't think he gets lumped in with Jobs. Jobs was a monster.

You may want to research gates a little more, like his current love for buying up all the farmland he can in the USA, his desire to switch everyone to eating crickets, his terrible views on economics (WEF).

Don't be fooled by the philanthropy, I mean Hitler loved dogs too but doesn't mean you'd like to hang with him.

Yes, love or hate him, Bill Gates has put an incredible amount of money into philanthropy and charity work.
There is a lot of this in Silicon Valley. There is a belief that with wealth there is responsibility. Of course Mr Gates is up in Redmond, but I can tell you the 2 companies I spent 90% of my career with proved to be responsible both locally and globally. I am particularly proud of this.

It costs these guys absolutely nothing to donate what they do. Won't affect their life in the slightest. Many hundreds/thousands of people in various churches or faith based organizations donate more money (relative to yearly income) and have far less financial security to be doing so, it severely impacts their lives financially. Gates dropping a million here and there is like me dropping a penny. And its worse than that, because they're as financially secure as it gets unless they make poor decisions or take high risks which aren't needed.

It's nice they do it of course, but my point remains; a terrible person doing some good things doesn't all of a sudden make him a great human.

It costs these guys absolutely nothing to donate what they do. Won't affect their life in the slightest. Many hundreds/thousands of people in various churches or faith based organizations donate more money (relative to yearly income) and have far less financial security to be doing so, it severely impacts their lives financially. Gates dropping a million here and there is like me dropping a penny. And its worse than that, because they're as financially secure as it gets unless they make poor decisions or take high risks which aren't needed.

It's nice they do it of course, but my point remains; a terrible person doing some good things doesn't all of a sudden make him a great human.
Except it's a lot more than a few million when it comes to Gates:
Screen Shot 2023-10-31 at 6.41.53 PM.jpg

That Jobs was a poor excuse for a man is pretty well known.
I really don't care what someone accomplishes or what kind of empire he built.
What matters is the way in which we conduct ourselves with one another.
Steve Jobs failed by that standard, but that's also true of many who try to succeed. with startups, whether successful or not.
Does the end justify the means?
I think not and being a better human being doesn't preclude success in any venture,

I have heard enough about Jobs that he is not a good person to be with. Trying to use lawyers to prove that he cannot have children so his baby mama will not get child support being one. Verbal abuse to a smoothie maker for being slow is another but that's not worse than most bad customers. Firing Mark Papermarker for saying what he doesn't like to hear is another. The list goes on.

He has famously said if you are not giving up something you really love it is not really a sacrifice, and he said that to other VPs when they are not making tough decisions because they are protecting projects and ideas they love instead of staying focus.

He has a lot of charisma and he used it to lead people into great products, that is indeed very true.

Most of his innovation like mosquito control and nuke flopped. He was a good businessman in getting MS into monopoly but he wasn't great as a visionary.

No, he is not a saint either but he wasn't as smart as the world praised him to be. A lot of the work was done by Paul Allen and Steve Balmer.

Except it's a lot more than a few million when it comes to Gates:
View attachment 186148

You're missing the point. When you have 20 billion, you can give away 10 billion and not have a care in the world. Even 19 billion won't really hurt you unless you focus just on the number and not on what you need to live in this world.

When you make $60,000 a year and give away $5000, that hurts, and it's a far more generous offer because the generosity can't be separated from the pain/cost associated with it. And many, many people do that kind of thing yearly without recognition or desire for it.

And the second point being, despite giving away lots of money, that doesn't suddenly negate the bad things he's done. He is far from being a saint.

Back