Starship liftoff planned for Thursday, April 20

The SpaceX Starship will attempt to do a liftoff, go into orbit around the planet and re-enter near Hawaii.

100899D6-54BE-4DF6-8CAD-7167F37A4706.png

That was amazing to watch. Guessing they ran the first stage out of fuel and it just tumbled. Wonder if Werner Von Braun’s fins are the solution for stability.

Im assuming it will fly by the Coast of the Carolinas. A family member always sent us pictures, quite a site. Now we live here so will be interesting but I dont know if this one (starship) takes the same path as the other rockets they send up to set up the star link satellites. .

I wonder if the flight termination system (self-destruction) might have failed too? They usually don’t allow out-of-control rockets to just keep going.

Last edited:
It will be interesting to learn what happened and why. I am amazed the assembly remained together during that tumble. That’s a strong setup.

wild guess, aerodynamic instability, with insufficient thrust vectoring. Especially with so many engines out.

6S4yFiD.png

Last edited:
I wonder if the flight termination system (self-destruction) might have failed too? They usually don’t allow out-of-control rockets to just keep going.
I was wondering that too? But I suppose they waited a bit so that if they did get a good separation, with all the active thrust tech, they could reorient and continue with the flight plan?

An early theory is the meager launch pad was so badly damaged that debris might have killed numerous engines before it ever got off the ground.

Looks like they blasted through the concrete all the way to the dirt 🤔. Apparently Starship had no flame diverter/trench or water deluge system.

IMG_8827.jpeg

Last edited:
An early theory is the meager launch pad was so badly damaged that debris might have killed numerous engines before it ever got off the ground.

Looks like they blasted through the concrete all the way to the dirt 🤔. Apparently Starship had no flame diverter/trench or water deluge system.

View attachment 151611

That would explain the brown clouds right at liftoff.

Chinese weather balloon with laser pens?

1682028150723.png

......no? Too soon?

Last edited:
Back