Star Wars - Episode III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the next star wars movie. It's getting great reviews. Some have said it's the best in the entire series next to Empire Strikes Back. I'll probably go and see a mid-night show. That way I won't have to listen to all the "geeks" dressed up in Chewbaka out fits at the theater.
grin.gif
They said it's the most dark and violent Star Wars film yet. Sounds good to me.
wink.gif

BTW, what was G.Lucas thinking in Episode's I & II? Horrible movies. Poor acting although Natalie Portman is a cutie. Anakin's acting was pathetic. Hope it's much better in this one. Yoda has some fight scenes as well.

quote:

BTW, what was G.Lucas thinking in Episode's I & II? Horrible movies. Poor acting although Natalie Portman is a cutie. Anakin's acting was pathetic. Hope it's much better in this one. Yoda has some fight scenes as well.

this movie had better be 3 times better than the first two to make up for them. episode 1 was really bad.

Even though I am looking forward to it, the Elves think it is silly for people to believe in imaginary characters like those that populate Star Wars movies...go figure
dunno.gif

PS I told them some people think Elves are imaginary characters...I couldn't get them to stop laughing...I told them to get back to thinking up the formula for the next Elixer...I must tell you they are making a lot of noise about how nice it would be to develop a formula for a company named "ELF." We'll see...

pscholte, I heard that the dark side kills all the Elves and that GC becomes a Group I oil that sludges up thousands of cars and all the GC lovers slowly fade away into space.
dunno.gif

My 6 year old has already been playing the 'Lego Star Wars' PC game. I dont understand why they release the software so early. Now I know the whole story line of Episode III. The best part would be the fight scene between Obi-wan and Anakin Skywalker, jumping around a molten larva river. Of course Obi-wan trashes Anakin and somehow Anakin is slaughtered into a quadriplegic, no arms, no legs, no torso! I think his bottom half got melted by the larva stream. As luck would have it, The Emperor finds Anakin in this sorry state and brings him to his lab where he is transformed into Darth Vader.
shocked.gif

quote:

Originally posted by medic:

quote:

Originally posted by buster:
pscholte, I heard that the dark side kills all the Elves and that GC becomes a Group I oil that sludges up thousands of cars and all the GC lovers slowly fade away into space.
dunno.gif

That won't happen until episode VII or VIII.

When I let the Elves see this, here's what happened:

shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif
shocked.gif

"I heard that the dark side kills all the Elves and that GC becomes a Group I oil that sludges up thousands of cars and all the GC lovers slowly fade away into space"

Hilarious!

Although, I would edit the plot that Vader kills of all the BITOG members (aka the "jedi") and Castrol (aka "the empire") realizes that there is no longer anyone left knowing the GC (aka "the force") truth that they change over to Group I sludging many innocent engines.

*Cut*

*No Spoilers -- I think*

I saw it this Monday. If I were to be sarcastic, I'd proclaim "Not enough CGI." I don't know what to say about the movie, really. There's so much stuff in there, but it has to be treated in abreviated form to fit in a two hour fifteen movie. I would have rather seen an extra hour and more fleshed out human interaction with GOOD dialog. There's just so much that's missing and not explained. Anakin turning so abruptly to the Dark Side is preposterous. His reason is weak and mere excuse for coming up with a better reason -- one which would take more than 3 minutes of explaining!

The movie will still work well in the context of the whole series, and that's ultimately what counts most. I don't think it was a massive letdown, but there was a discrepancy between attention paid to the eye candy and the story and characters. The LOTR trilogy succeeded at bringing all of those things together, E1, E2, and E3 just scrape by. That's of course just my opinion, and you may well love the movie.

PS: Favorite quip:

Anakin: "If you are not with me, you are my enemy."
Obi Wan: "Only Sith deal in absolutes."
*anti-neo-con audience cheers*

I interested in how this, being the final episode, answers all the questions and brings it al into full circle.

Saw it, liked it. Anyone else see it yet?

quote:

Anakin: "If you are not with me, you are my enemy."
Obi Wan: "Only Sith deal in absolutes."
*anti-neo-con audience cheers*

That was a good quote.

Yoda was great , but Obi Wan was impressive as well.

I thought Senator Organa's speeder probably needed an oil change and a tuneup.

Did anyone else see the Millenium Falcon make a brief appearance in the beginning when Anakin crash-lands General Grivous's ship on Coruscant? Oh no, I sound like such a fanboy!

quote:

Originally posted by moribundman:
I thought Senator Organa's speeder probably needed an oil change and a tuneup.

Did anyone else see the Millenium Falcon make a brief appearance in the beginning when Anakin crash-lands General Grivous's ship on Coruscant? Oh no, I sound like such a fanboy!

Mori, I saw the Millenium Falcon as well.
I thought that the movie was good, but not great. The Anakin/Padme scenes were horrendous, the acting was some of the worst I have ever seen. Lucas needs to stick to producing, and leave the directing to others. I actually thought that the last movie, The Attack of the Clones, was a better movie. BTW, Obi Wan kicks butt in this movie. JMO, Joe

Yeah, the acting was quite bad, especially in the romantic scenes. I cringed - repeatedly. McDiarmid, McGregor, and too a point Christensen (Did he take acting lessons since E2?) did pretty well. Lucas isn't the most skilled writer or director, editing is his true talent, and he acknowledges that. Interestingly enough, the best movie of the whole series is 'The Empire Strikes Back,' and it was directed by Irvin Kershner. We also mustn't lose sight of the fact that we all all were a lot younger when we saw the first trilogy in the theater, if we even saw it, and the genre isn't as fresh as it was then. While I wasn't completely disappointed, I felt the movie could have been a lot better.

quote:

The Anakin/Padme scenes were horrendous, the acting was some of the worst I have ever seen. Lucas needs to stick to producing, and leave the directing to others. I actually thought that the last movie, The Attack of the Clones, was a better movie. BTW, Obi Wan kicks butt in this movie. JMO, Joe

Yeah, saw the Millenium Falcon also. The acting was better, but still horrible. Mainly between Anakin and Padme.

I think it was a much better movie then Episode II though.

It's hard to beat the actors in the later 3 (Empire/RtrnJedi). Harrison Ford was great.

quote:

Interestingly enough, the best movie of the whole series is 'The Empire Strikes Back,' and it was directed by Irvin Kershner. We also mustn't lose sight of the fact that we all all were a lot younger when we saw the first trilogy in the theater,

Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back