Stability issue on 2015 F250

Status
Not open for further replies.
My guess is still something with the lateral link. It doesn't take too many death wobble instances to egg out the mounting bracketry for the trac bar. The other thing is, there's two ends - the upper end of the tracbar could be bad as well.

My Jeep has 204K on it. I have a bad wheel bearing. Junkyard sourced wheels that are older than the Jeep. 1 balanced tire. Used control arms. One blown front shock and no steering stabilizer.

No issues hitting bumps or potholes at highway speed. Because the lateral link (tracbar/ panhard bar) is good and new. With Jeeps I have seen people replace the bushing and have it be an issue with the frame end, or the bracketry and still have death wobble.

When the bushings in my factory control arms were bad, I'd get a bit of a "dance" in the front end, but not a full on death wobble. I got death wobble when the bushing in the tracbar went bad.

So the wear items in the track bar are 2 bushings in the bar and 2 ball joints where one is inserted each bushing?

How easy is it to pick up wear in these items.

Originally Posted By: Donald
So the wear items in the track bar are 2 bushings in the bar and 2 ball joints where one is inserted each bushing?

How easy is it to pick up wear in these items.

Looking at RockAuto, there's both a bushing and a replaceable ball joint. Not sure how it's set up on the Fords, but on the Jeep, the ball joint is on the frame end.

Some will run forever without issue, some will do it from the factory. I'd try to pull the trac bar off and make sure that everything fits tightly; that the bolt fits in the bushing tightly and the brakets on the frame and axle ends are not egged out.

99.9% of the time, on the Jeeps it's an issue with the lateral link. The big difference between the Jeeps/"RAM" trucks and your Ford is that your Ford has radius arms instead of a 4 link up front. But same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back