Sprint vs Verizon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I keep seeing these commercials saying that Sprint is within 1% reliability of Verizon, and you can get 5 lines with unlimited data for just $100 a month. I would like to hear from someone who has gone from Verizon to Sprint. I'm sick of paying $300 a month for Verizon for 4 phones and LIMITED data, but at the same time, I don't want to switch only to find out later that I shouldn't have...

I have no comment on Sprint vs. Verizon, but I would check your plan with Verizon. We have six lines on a family plan with 21 GB of total data and our entire bill is about $270. Some of our lines have phone payments on them, and others are paid or unlocked phones @ just $20/month for the line charge. Each user pays his/her own line, plus 1/6th of the total data ($10/month per line). My phone is an unlocked phone, so my portion is just $30/month ($20 line + $10 for my portion of the data).

Are you on a very old Verizon plan?

Our neighbor has sprint and can't make calls in her house. We pay around $150.00 for 3 lines and 4gb of data with data rollover each month on VZW. Check in to changing your plan to the newest available.

What Hokiefyd said ... check to make sure you are on the latest VZW plan. We saved quite a bit with new(er) plans.

-How much data do you use each month?
-Do you need a fast 4G/LTE connection?
-From a coverage perspective, do you travel or just need coverage in your local area?

Because cell phone provider coverage can be spotty in some areas and great in others, I would check rootmetrics.com for coverage.

I work with a couple guys that signed up for Sprint and then went back to Verizon. They said they could predict the spots where their calls would drop almost perfect. It may be within 1% but figure when you are driving and using your phone you go through a bunch of areas and it just takes one of those spots to drop a call.

I switched to Sprint from Verizon....and then back to Verizon. Sprint was SLOW and spotty. I couldn't use my phone at home or on my commute to stream music in the car. Verizon I have service everywhere and it's always very fast. I may pay a little more for Verizon, but I'd rather do that than pay for something that doesn't work. Also, Sprint seems to have terrible customer service comparatively.

My house is a deadspot for Verizon. ATT is fine. I have Consumer Cellular and they use ATT Towers. Incorrect settings on phone can use unnecessary Data. A friend made some setting changes on mine and it uses less data.

I had Sprint 2 years ago. I've traveled with persons who had AT&T and Verizon. Consistently I would not have signal or very slow and they rarely had an issue. Slow data, poor signal on Sprint so I switched to AT&T. Night and day difference.

we have 5 phones on Sprint with no issues. 4 are iPhones with unlimited data for $234/month total. You need to go to Sprint website to see their coverage and then decide.

I think you get 30 days to cancel your contract and return your phone(s) if you don't like the service. First hand experience is really the only way to know if Sprint is a good fit for you as coverage will be highly variable between individuals and their usage/travel habits.

I have Sprint and are happy with them.

Originally Posted By: grampi
I keep seeing these commercials saying that Sprint is within 1% reliability of Verizon,

Reliability and coverage area are two different things. The ad is intentionally misleading.

Since most people use there phones mostly at home and work. Ask friends, neighbors and coworkers that have Sprint if it's reliable or not.

Sprint has much slower speeds and less coverage than Verizon typically. Straight talk uses Verizon towers and now has 10gb for $55/ month.

I have Verizon prepaid with a iPhone 6 and get 6gb for $50/mon and have been very pleased. I typically buy a used good phone and don't do the payment plans and credit check.

The Verizon plan I have now I started about 3 months ago. Comes with 24G of data, but no roll over. Sounds like I should stay with Verizon, but I don't like that they aren't rolling over my data, or they don't have unlimited data...

I have sprint and pay $104 a month. I get unlimited everything with the galaxy s7 edge. I use 30-60gb a month. I use my phone for media in my car and Netflix and hulu. Sprint has better coverage here in Kansas city than t-mobile did.

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
Originally Posted By: grampi
I keep seeing these commercials saying that Sprint is within 1% reliability of Verizon,

Reliability and coverage area are two different things. The ad is intentionally misleading.

I figured it was in some way...they almost always are...

For those that live in rural areas -- travel around the country and hunt in forested areas, Verizon and ATT coverage is dramatically better than Sprint and T-Mobile.
I was getting dropped calls from Sprint inside my home, located near populated Detroit.
It's ATT or Verizon for my incoming and outgoing calls. Much more dependable than the others.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back