Spring hill to build equinox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here is nervous about that.
My job depends on CAMI (where they build the Equinox now) Hopefully main production stays where it is. Would be nice to see Spring Hill running again though indeed!

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Everyone here is nervous about that.
My job depends on CAMI (where they build the Equinox now) Hopefully main production stays where it is. Would be nice to see Spring Hill running again though indeed!

Doesn't sound like you have anything to worry about. CAMI is at maximum production capacity, and it's still not enough, so they are adding some additional capacity at spring hill. That seems like all it is.

Pretty good early Christmas present for those folks in TN.

It seems like good news is a rare treat these days.

It is great news, and sounds like a good idea.

But...

I'm not sure how excited I would be to buy a vehicle that has been built in a "short run" plant.

Are there assurances and checks to make sure that the quality will be the same as those vehicles that have been built at the existing plant?

If I were buying one next year.... I'd be looking for one with a "2" leading off the VIN number.

Originally Posted By: mrsilv04
I'm not sure how excited I would be to buy a vehicle that has been built in a "short run" plant.

Are there assurances and checks to make sure that the quality will be the same as those vehicles that have been built at the existing plant?

It's funny, I'd rather have a vehicle made at a recently upgraded/started plant. Chances are workers are less jaded.

GM says Spring Hill will be an "ultra-flexible" manufacturing facility, able to quickly change between the production of different products as customer demand changes and capacity is needed.

http://media.gm.com/content/media/us/en/...1121_springhill

From a manufacturing standpoint, if you can make your platforms common enough and your manufacturing flexible enough to quickly change between different vehicles, this is a huge step in the right direction.

Ours (2012 Equinox) was made in the Ingersoll, ON plant. It is a very nice car. 2LT with 4 cyl FWD.

Some more possible good news is that GM is in talks with Texas gov't about building a new metal stamping plant at the Arlington Plant where I work. More jobs and job security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back