Speedi-Bleed Pressure Brake Bleeder

Seems like a neat concept. The device uses a tire to keep the unit inflated, so no need for pumping or for a large air compressor. Adapter caps look decent as well.

However, the air inside of a tire isn't exactly dry....so it may be worthwhile to invest in a $40 portable air tank. And I would fill the portable air tank with Nitrofill from the free inflators in the Costco parking lot. ;)

Seems like a neat concept. The device uses a tire to keep the unit inflated, so no need for pumping or for a large air compressor. Adapter caps look decent as well.

However, the air inside of a tire isn't exactly dry....so it may be worthwhile to invest in a $40 portable air tank. And I would fill the portable air tank with Nitrofill from the free inflators in the Costco parking lot. ;)
I bought the one for Toyota several years ago. Works fine, although I am not certain that its any better than the Motive.

The brake fluid cap adapter was pretty decent. I have since found the Assenmacher Toyota cap that I can use with Motive.

the motive power bleeder is a great one person bleeder + with the correct ends - master cyl caps works for most any vehicle. i have mine a long time, only the hoses may dry out + need replacing

I recently bought one but have not used it yet. If you are concerned about the air in the tire not being dry, fab up an inline dryer with quick connects that you can put inline from the tire to the fluid tank.

I highly doubt that the air in the tire is going to cause any negative results during a pressure bleed.

I picked up one of these last month after getting frustrated with vacuum bleeding over the years.

I only used it once on my truck so far but it worked great.

The truck is a crew cab long box so about as long of a brake line run as you will ever see. I wasn't thrilled about it using the air from my tire(I'm OCD about tire pressures and didn't want to mess with adjusting the tire pressure afterwards) but figured I'd try it. I did a full system flush on the truck and it didn't even lose 1 psi of pressure from the tire(its a 37x12.5-17 tire so lots of air).

I've since picked up a regulator and some quick connects and plan to rig it up to my air compressor next time.

Overall for a DIY or small shop I would recommend it 100%.

I don't understand the aversion to pumping a little with a hand pump vs using tire air to pressurize the pressure bleeder.

Reminds me as to how the old VW Beetle use to use air from the spare tire to squirt WW fluid. (If my memory is correct.)

Back