Speed bumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I go through a subdivision with a lot of speed bumps I know that I am driving through an accident prone area. Since conditions are undoubtedly hazardous I take action to protect myself and warn others by blowing my horn for 3-5 seconds at each speed bump- especially after 10:00 PM.
You can't be too safe these days!

Originally Posted By: MCompact
When I go through a subdivision with a lot of speed bumps I know that I am driving through an accident prone area. Since conditions are undoubtedly hazardous I take action to protect myself and warn others by blowing my horn for 3-5 seconds at each speed bump- especially after 10:00 PM.

Blowing horn after 10:00 PM in residential area ?

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: RF Overlord
What I hate about speed bumps is the people in SUVs who slow to a crawl going over them, like any faster than 1 MPH will cause the vehicle to disintegrate...

I don't think SUVs make a difference. Some have a hard enough leading edge that hitting it front on fast is jarring to the vehicle and the people inside. That's what I hate, the initial slam on some of these, even if they're pretty low and small.

that sounds good but bro trucks do it too..

come to rolling stop to cross some "ok" tracks

like this guy.

2015-06-18%2018.46.30.jpg

Its pretty comical.

Maybe he thinks his stacks will fall over???

I took speed bumps very slowly in my J-20 and both my F350s for one simple reason: not doing so resulted in a kidney-hammering SLAM! from the stiff suspension!

Sarcasm!

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Originally Posted By: MCompact

Blowing horn after 10:00 PM in residential area ?

Originally Posted By: dishdude
I hate speed bumps! Makes me want to go WOT after I go over one.

I have taken them at 35MPH in my Caddy with no drama.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back