speakers or sound bar

what are most of you using for sound... 2 channel, 2.1 channel speakers with a sub or sound bar?

my SCEPTRE monitor has built in speakers I think 1w X 2, but are very tinny sounding even watching YouTube becomes fatiguing quickly something with a little more mid-range is needed. I kind of like the look and simplicity of a single USB cable vs desk clutter of multiple wires and power supplies. open to suggestions.

*the monitor connects via HDMI, so audio and video is through one cable I am open to Bluetooth as an option, just not looking to break bank.

I've been using this bluetooth sound bar for some time on my PC with a 37 inch LG TV. Flipping between PC, the built in Netflix/Amazon/Video/youtube apps or a console has been effortless.

Thinking this will work 👍.

IMG_4769.jpeg

2.1 Vizio with subwoofer. I don't use the sub. It thumps way too hard for just watching TV and drives the cat insane. I have a house where the space above the fireplace is recessed for a TV (go go 2000 tech!) and the sound bar sits in that recess and the TV sits on the mantle. It sounds really good. The recess directs all of the sound quite nicely.

Cheap small computer speakers of good quality with desktop computer.
Soundbar with separate subwoofer with TV via optical link for bar and Bluetooth for woofer. 2 channel.

For best results I recommend a sound bar with a subwoofer. I have that set up on my TV and it is just great.

Hard to make a recommendation without knowing your usage, but Edifier generally makes decent bookshelf speakers for the price. I have the R1700BTs and they're a huge step up from "regular" PC speakers, although I got them for cheap during a Black Friday sale

Since your application is computer monitor, I'd recommend a sound bar. Small and compact.

But for other BITOGers with much bigger TVs, I'd recommend the bigger bookshelf speakers (my minimum would be 8-inch drivers) and a modest subwoofer. I have both a Bose soundbar and a full fledged home theater system in my house, and the Bose just does not equal the home theater's performance. And I never crank up the volume to unreasonable high levels either.

Back