Sold car 5 years ago, buyer just had it picked up today.

As much as I hate to admit this - I fell in love with Volvo C30 through Twilight...
message-editor_1635538235241-screenshot2021-10-29at4.09.42pm.jpg

And then I came across this Top Gear review of a spicy Ford Focus ST (that US never got) and was surprised to find out that it's a very close sibling of the Volvo C30, and uses the same 2.5T (best sounding engine IMHO) 5 cylinder.
Ford-Focus_ST-2006-ig.jpg

I was pretty upset that US never got this ST, but Volvo C30 with a 2.5T and a manual became my new personal benchmark for non-mainstream hatchbacks. As a loophole way to own a Ford Focus ST in USA.

The car is fine, no harm with anything done to it.

99% of vehicles receive exponentially worse treatment and they go 200k.

OK-I will play. How much do you self insure for? I wouldn't dream of self insurance unless I had liquid assets of at least 5 million dollars. Are you in that ballpark?

Many times -the phrase" I'm self insured just means I'm taking chances and I don't have any assets if I run over somebody-and they can't get anything from me anyway." I don't know if the OP is in that income bracket either.
Clearly he's got liability insurance here but for the property portion can make sense with enough wealth to cover vs. premiums going in the toilet most of the time. Same reason why I only have liability on my more inexpensive vehicles.

Something weird like that happened to a friend who had sponsored a boy from China. He abruptly went back home during the 2020 pandemic, and had purchased a Mustang GT with cash. He didn't charge him or anything, and eventually some "friend" came to get it. Everything was on the up and up just odd for him to have a Mustang GT in the driveway for almost one year. We don't have space where I live and most people don't even garage their cars and they've converted their garage into part of their house (1951 houses)...

Back