So how hungry are you? The things people eat in different country's!

I’ll eat raw oysters. Once I had a whole bunch and had a few during lunch at work. I squeezed a little lemon on one and even someone from 20 feet away noticed it moving. If fresh enough, they’re usually still alive. I’m not sure if the contraction we saw was a live movement or just something like frog legs twitching from a chemical/electrical reaction.

I’ve travelled around and have been introduced to all sorts of foods. Snails. Sea cucumber. Eel. Gator. Maybe the most bizarre was a lobster that was hacked where the head was still alive and moving.

I’ve been in Asia where I smelled stinky tofu being prepared. It was fried tofu skins, and I just couldn’t stand it. And durian just grosses me out.

When growing up I was exposed to a lot from my Lithuanian immigrant dad (they utilized just about everything of butchered animals). Working with people from around the world also exposes me to many different foods..

My Oddity Food Life List: There are still MANY things that are more gross (eyeballs?)
Calves brains
Beef tongue
Pigs feet (pickled)
Head Cheese
Chicken Feet
Blood sausage
Stinky tofu (smells like cow manure):sick:
Guinea pig (Bolivia)
Beaver (Upper Peninsula)
Wild game: squirrel, rabbit, duck, goose, deer,
Crayfish
Alligator
Carp
Octopus
Oysters
Testicles, liver, heart, gizzard
Meal worms

During our aviation survival course (known amongst the students as “starve-vival) most of us changed our definitions of “appetizing”.

After a week in the Florida Panhandle woods, no food, and I would have eaten everything in that video.

A friend caught a cricket (not easy to do) and was roasting it on a stick over our campfire…I remember looking at that cricket with envy…

And hunger.

Cruelty is not on the menu at my house. I've seen videos from other countries of animals still alive on the plate, badly burned and waiting to be stabbed by a fork. Disgusting. And let's not even talk about the truckloads of dogs.
Yeah....I have no love for cultures that eat dogs. Horrible thing to do. It should be illegal in all countries.

See the latest movie on the plane crash in Andes (1972?). All of them said that at first.........I will say the movie raised nearly all the negative ethical/other aspects......well maybe not raw meat and prions!!
Starving could give one a new perspective on food, for sure.

My Daughter and three friends are, this very minute, having a tasting menu in Brazil. She just sent me a pix of course No1. Those are Amazon rain forest red ants. Real deal.

1705945510515.jpeg

Fundamentally it has to be non toxic in the dose I am eating (everything is toxic if you eat too much). Will not fight me back when I am eating it (doesn't move anymore). I understand someone will eat live shrimp or fish but they must be not moving to me. No problem with head still on (in many places if you use an animal for sacrifice in ceremony its head need to be there so that's that) but I don't really care either way.

I'm not a big fan of organs, or rare meat other than sashimi, or anything too stinky (cheese or tofu or raw fish sauce or durian, not too stinky please). Mammal meat must be at least medium in steak standard.

I'm ok with baby octopus, fish head (the cheeks are the best if you guys don't eat head) although not excited about it. No balut for me and no brain of any animal. No chicken "butt" either. Thousand year old (lye marinated) egg I can tolerate but not a big fan of.

Nothing too expensive or hard to get. I'm fine with affordable non exotic everyday food.

Back