So how hungry are you? The things people eat in different country's!

We once went to someone’s house and as adventurous as I am, ended up eating something very disgusting both mentally and objectively speaking. I’m not typically in the habit of smelling food prior to eating it. I’m visual.

To add some context Bourdain didn’t like it and Zimmern did. It’s called stinky tofu.

Edit 2

Wait a sec this is what I recall and how I felt

Last edited:
Cruelty is not on the menu at my house. I've seen videos from other countries of animals still alive on the plate, badly burned and waiting to be stabbed by a fork. Disgusting. And let's not even talk about the truckloads of dogs.

Minimum requirements: It's thoroughly dead. It doesn't look at me (the head has been lopped off). I also want the feet and hands/paws removed. Fins are ok unless they look revolting. And I don't eat what's commonly kept as a pet.

Minimum requirements: It's thoroughly dead. It doesn't look at me (the head has been lopped off). I also want the feet and hands/paws removed. Fins are ok.
When we were kids we joked about tongue and my friend would say he doesn’t like the idea of when he eats something it’s tasting him back 😆

Minimum requirements: It's thoroughly dead. It doesn't look at me (the head has been lopped off). I also want the feet and hands/paws removed. Fins are ok unless they look revolting. And I don't eat what's commonly kept as a pet.
I hate looking at fish on my plate, with the head still intact!
I'm bored today, as you can tell from this thread.

Last edited:
Had balut several times in the Philippines. I was more inebriated than hungry. Leave it to you if you are curious. Also many times some of this fried poisonous snake common in South Dakota, which is not a foreign country.

1705877344627.jpg

Cowboy Chuck Wagon

Last edited:
Those chewy baby 🐙 octopi

They just can’t be chewed

Indeed no insects. No.

And btw I’m not watching those videos. Nope.

I’ve eaten raw fish and raw beef. Good and no issues.

Turtle was muddy and chewy.

Civet cat tasted like skunk smells.

Natto just won’t go down. Smell texture and taste too stinky

Those chewy baby 🐙 octopi

They just can’t be chewed

Indeed no insects. No.

And btw I’m not watching those videos. Nope.

I’ve eaten raw fish and raw beef. Good and no issues.

Turtle was muddy and chewy.

Civet cat tasted like skunk smells.

Natto just won’t go down. Smell texture and taste too stinky
Italian salami, for example, Marchisio, may have donkey meat in it.

Back