Slick 50 Full Synthetic Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone remember this stuff?
I bought a decent stash from Big Lots back in the late 'eighties, I think it was.
The oil was a 10W-30, and I used it in one of our '86 Civic Wagons for a few OCIs.
I am thinking that it must have been a Grp IV, since the hydrocracked Grp IIIs did not yet exist.
Does anyone else remember this oil, or know anything about it?

Quote:

Does anyone remember this stuff?
I bought a decent stash from Big Lots back in the late 'eighties, I think it was.
The oil was a 10W-30, and I used it in one of our '86 Civic Wagons for a few OCIs.

I am thinking that it must have been a Grp IV, since the hydrocracked Grp IIIs did not yet exist.
Does anyone else remember this oil, or know anything about it?

Nope onlt the "Slick 50" oil additive long ago. Maybe it was offered in your state.

Durango
usa2.gif

Not only do I remember it but I have some in both 5w30 and 10w30 SH variety. I've never done a VOA but I suspect it is moly rich due to its dark color straight from the container.
I used to have product data sheets but I can no longer find them.

When and where did you buy it? Have you ever actually used any? As I recall it came in a yellower than Penzoil yellow bottle.

Correction: I only have it in 5w30. I bought it at the old Auto Palace when they sold out to AutoZone. They had it on closeout for $2 a quart. I'm sure it's PAO because there was no Group 3 back then. I used it in my 3.1 Buick a few times and once in summer in my wifes Honda which spec's 5w20. Both cars ran very nice on it. I never went past 5K with it. I misplaced the data sheets when I moved but I think it was in the 10.5 range at 100*C. You are right about the yellow bottle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back