*sigh* First almost fist fight traffic incident

So:

A guy was blocking the street and tried to move for you.

You got so angry that you turned inconvenience into road rage.

You're the good guy because you could have shot him but didn't.

Had 2 road blockers unloading a sofa just a few weeks back in Canada - one way - cars parked on narrow street …
It was early and so was I - thought at least they didn’t do this at a busy time of day … So honestly I was talking myself out of becoming angry when it is what it is - I know me …
Sipped on my fresh cup of coffee …
Few minutes later = all clear …

Not happy about how it went down but I saw red after I repeatedly saying you are blocking the street and I refuse to damage my truck for you.

Long story short Honda Odyssey blocking a one-way street lined with parked cars on both sides. He repeatedly tried to move down the street where I still couldn't have fit.

I finally inched by with maybe an inch on each side and gave him some horn for being an inconsiderate idiot.

I got the bird in response and in a fit of rage threw the truck in reverse tires squealing and all.

Got out and exchanged many colorful metaphors and baiting each other to make the first move. Had I not had dinner in the car I would have easily overpowered his 60yr old self. Neighbors tried to defuse but I wasn't having it and finally told him where to stick his dumb Walmart led light bars as well as many other things.

I'm upset with myself more than anything else but I guess my switch flipped today. Gun was in the truck the whole time within arms reach.

*Sigh* Don't be me, just let it go.

Totally understand how heated these things can get....but thank your maker. Your anger overcame the logical thought process and it could cost you your life. You never know the level of evil in the other person or the level they may be willing to take a BS argument.

Nope - not helping was part of anger management 😷
Maybe if you would have helped, they would have offered you some Tim Hortons and a Beaver Tail.

Beaver Tails are great anytime, but especially early morning- I may run by Pablo's neighborhood this morning in search of a Beaver Tail....Tasty Treat.....

beaver-tails-plated-1.jpg

People like you give responsible gun owners a bad name.

Get over it. Try some kind meditation or calming religion. I would say more, but come on man. No hate, just be mellow.
He wouldn’t use that gun for this - should not have mentioned it …

I'm sorry, but I have a problem with this part of your story. Why did this have to be brought into the conversation at all? According to your post, he repeatedly tried to move down the street, but you still couldn't fit. So was he trying to get out of your way?
Ultimately, you were the aggressor and the other guy was just some random idiot that couldn't get out of your way. Had he had a gun within arms reach, he may have taken your aggression the wrong way and ended all of your frustrations altogether. (As so many people do these days)

Anyway, everyone makes mistakes and everyone has moments where they wish that they could have a redo. This sounds like one of those moments. Don't beat yourself up too much and just let it go. Remember how you feel right now the next time something like this happens,...it's not worth it.

Cheers. 🍻
He dbl parked and blocked the street completely and kept trying to inch over every 5 feet instead of just getting out of the way. IE driving down the street and park where it was clear. Like literally 30 feet from where the altercation happened and after I left he threw it reverse backed down the street where he originally wanted to stop and block traffic again.

I guess I included it to be honest with myself about yes it could have went wrong. Anyone who openly dbl parks in traffic is just a flat out inconsiderate jackhole who is so self important that they figure the rest of society needs to stop just for them. My opinion of course and with the influx of NY/NJ fools it's gotten far worse over the last year as well as crime.

He dbl parked and blocked the street completely and kept trying to inch over every 5 feet instead of just getting out of the way. IE driving down the street and park where it was clear. Like literally 30 feet from where the altercation happened and after I left he threw it reverse backed down the street where he originally wanted to stop and block traffic again.

I guess I included it to be honest with myself about yes it could have went wrong. Anyone who openly dbl parks in traffic is just a flat out inconsiderate jackhole who is so self important that they figure the rest of society needs to stop just for them. My opinion of course and with the influx of NY/NJ fools it's gotten far worse over the last year as well as crime.
There is a great book by Dr. Wayne Dyer published in the 1970s called "Your Erroneous Zones". The book centers on not letting other peoples actions control your happiness or sadness. If one gets angry over other peoples actions, it gives these people control over ones happiness or sadness. Book is a great read- I read it in 1982.

Always good to remember everyone is entitled to and has a bad day from time to time.

Not sure why you mentioned a gun at all. You have no claim to defensive anything, given that you engaged the guy. And yes he was being an inconsiderate idiot. Frankly, if you could reverse your truck and squeal the tires then it’s on you. Had he shot you in defense for charging him and getting out, he probably would have been found in the right.

People can get quickly and easily peeved. You chose your actions wrong, double wrong with a weapon in the vehicle…
He egged it on by the hand gesture that being said neither of us were in the right but he definitely wouldn't be in the right for shooting with no visible weapon present.

There is a great book by Dr. Wayne Dyer published in the 1970s called "Your Erroneous Zones". The book centers on not letting other peoples actions control your happiness or sadness. If one gets angry over other peoples actions, it gives these people control over ones happiness or sadness. Book is a great read- I read it in 1982.

Always good to remember everyone is entitled to and has a bad day from time to time.
Good post

People like you give responsible gun owners a bad name.

Get over it. Try some kind meditation or calming religion. I would say more, but come on man. No hate, just be mellow.
No people who shoot first with gun in hand give us a bad name for cutting in line at the fuel pump. I mentioned it only to be honest with myself about why I shouldn't have lost my cool. It was not visible but within reach if I needed it. He had no idea I had one.

Edit: I guess, typing it out makes it hit home more why it was all a bad situation and again being honest about the situation is key.

I'll have to go to the book store and give it a read.

Reactions: GON
No people who shoot first with gun in hand give us a bad name for cutting in line at the fuel pump. I mentioned it only to be honest with myself about why I shouldn't have lost my cool. It was not visible but within reach if I needed it. He had no idea I had one.

Edit: I guess, typing it out makes it hit home more why it was all a bad situation and again being honest about the situation is key.
Honesty is good and really a good lesson learned

Sure that person was an idiot and frankly in most places illegal blocking/parking

Last edited:
Back