Should Arby's be boycotted for this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: The_Eric
A big, blown up, drawn out ordeal over very little at all.

The cop was so offended, mad or whatever that she had to make a report and go to the Union? Huh? Get a life! Instead, don't go there anymore and move on with your life!

And what's with the Union? Going to corporate to complain and suggesting a Nationwide boycott over an isolated incident? What ever happened to moving up the chain of command? This is likely a franchise- so what about talking to the owner? They're barking up the wrong tree.

Eric:
I don't know if you've noticed but there has been a rash of cop killings recently....maybe they have a right to be a bit touchy??

As far as the kid saying "I'm colored"...it's called the RACE CARD and it's played regularly in America....

Originally Posted By: pbm

Eric:
I don't know if you've noticed but there has been a rash of cop killings recently....maybe they have a right to be a bit touchy??

As far as the kid saying "I'm colored"...it's called the RACE CARD and it's played regularly in America....
Actual police murders are down this year. Media sensationalism is sensational.

Of course the employee is going deny the allegations... he doesn't want to be fired.

As far as being too busy... not buying it. It's a drive through. There are thousands just like it and everyone else manages just fine. Not to mention you are only dealing with one car at a time, and speaker order at a time.

Originally Posted By: hatt

Eric:

I agree about 'media sensationalism'.....like Ferguson, Missouri...

Arby's is offering uniformed officers a free meal if they stop by in a few counties around the area where this happened. Obviously they're in damage control mode, but it's also a nice gesture that I hope helps calm things down.

(get the brisket, officer)

Also from the article...""There's no point in talking," he said. "I'm 19. She's an officer and I'm colored.""

Take that however you will.

Originally Posted By: The_Eric
A big, blown up, drawn out ordeal over very little at all.

The cop was so offended, mad or whatever that she had to make a report and go to the Union? Huh? Get a life! Instead, don't go there anymore and move on with your life!

And what's with the Union? Going to corporate to complain and suggesting a Nationwide boycott over an isolated incident? What ever happened to moving up the chain of command? This is likely a franchise- so what about talking to the owner? They're barking up the wrong tree.

I agree

Originally Posted By: hatt

You are probably right. Sad

If I was a cop I would not trust some punk(s) making my food.

BTW, that area of Broward County in now a sewer pit, 25 years ago very nice.... today lots of people from Dade County are moving north to PPines, Miramar, Hollywood, etc.....

Originally Posted By: larryinnewyork
Arby's Fun Fact:

Arby's ...... R B ...... Roast Beef

Arby's is pushing chicken, pork now..... a few years ago, they even ripped off the ENTIRE menu from Rax Roast Beef.....

If Hardee's still had roast beef, Arby's would not have expanded as they have... They are the only roast beef in town, or your eating microwaved roast beef from the grocer/Subway....

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: opus1
Also from the article...""There's no point in talking," he said. "I'm 19. She's an officer and I'm colored.""

I take it that Davenport has been taught to be a 'victim' and uses it as an excuse....

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
If I was a cop I would not trust some punk(s) making my food.

BTW, that area of Broward County in now a sewer pit, 25 years ago very nice.... today lots of people from Dade County are moving north to PPines, Miramar, Hollywood, etc.....

America is changing....and not for the better....

Am I the only one thinking of that scene from Super Troopers?
"Double bacon cheeseburger, it's for a cop."
"What the [censored] is that about? What, you gonna spit in it now?"
"No, I just said that so he makes it good." *Into microphone* "Don't spit in that cop's burger."
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: NHHEMI
Originally Posted By: 4wheeldog
Originally Posted By: Greasymechtech
America's Roast Beef, Yes Sir!

What you have is a cop who cant't take a joke, and employees that have no customer service skills. Must be a local thing.

Flori....Duh!
Officer shouldn't have to accept bad humor with the purchase of a meal. Manager was probably making a point, and stepped back when it was brought to light. He deserves to be fired. And the officer deserves to eat somewhere better, anyway.

No customer should ever be the butt of a joke. The LEO shouldn't need a sense of humor to receive service. The wrong for this incident is 100% on the employees involved.

Do these two beauties make enough to own cars? If they do I suspect the tickets are already made out.

Last edited:
Cops need to just bring their own food when out on duty.
For years people have been angry at cops, so why let them make your food? Friend of mine got slammed on his hood a couple of times by rough cops (years ago), he worked at Burger King, and he got back at other cops at the fast food joint back then (put floor skum on their burgers). Nothing has changed, and that was white teens doing that in the 1970's.

Originally Posted By: Nate1979
Apparently we are dragging the bottom of the barrel for stories to talk about....

What else is new.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: opus1

I take it that Davenport has been taught to be a 'victim' and uses it as an excuse....

AMEN!
01.gif

Originally Posted By: hattaresguy
Their food is terrible so he was doing the cop a service.

Actually I love their roast beef

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back