Shipping- Don't be This Guy...

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
These people really torque me and so do BITOG responses... But secretly I love it.

Customer orders small parts almost three months ago.
Comes in yesterday over email. I never got it. First ever contact.

I look it up and it was sent out 15 minutes after he ordered and delivered within 3 days tracked.

I then email him the expanded page of the tracking number and the steps and show it was delivered.

Now for the real beauty. he made my day. He replies. " Delivered by WHOM"
Seriously... lol

As in my own style like @Pablo I take the opportunity to ream him with facts.

Seriously by whom? I got it out rapidly and I gave you all of the information.
I included the invoice where you clicked the no insurance and no signature option.
However, I insure everything because of situations like this.
If you want me to file a claim I will.
Be warned most likely they will decline your claim. Then you can go to PayPal and try that option..

I tell them straight up. Your so concerned now 3 months later.
Yeah right........
I keep meticulous records and I will go the extra mile for you but don't game me and act a fool.

Last edited:
Just curious what these small parts were and what their value was?

I’ve been on the wrong end of an eBay deal before. It’s no fun. I’ve been known to be quite the poop noggin when this happens.

Just curious what these small parts were and what their value was?

I’ve been on the wrong end of an eBay deal before. It’s no fun. I’ve been known to be quite the poop noggin when this happens.
Seals and lubricant... $26 big bucks including shipping.
If he was a regular trusted customer I would take the hit. But he isn't and the delay time tells
me he doesn't want to go through proper channels as he wants a freebie from me.
I could be wrong but most likely not. He has been offered his options. I can't do more than that.

Reactions: JC1
How do some people sleep well at night? I never understood that mindset. I knew two people who would do everything in their power to screw you. It was as if they fed on it. Both now dead and maybe burning in heyl.

How do some people sleep well at night? I never understood that mindset. I knew two people who would do everything in their power to screw you. It was as if they fed on it. Both now dead and maybe burning in heyl.
I know several the same and sadly they are over 60 years old. You think they would have wised up by now.

I am blacklisted/block by a big watch band vendor on the Bay. I called him out on a non genuine Seiko watch band, when the listing clearly stated OEM Seiko. Jerks everywhere. Or was I the jerk?
That's getting ripped off and they were the jerks.. ebay is full of junk merchants these days.
They banned you because you exposed them.

It's this and "I'm missing parts" 3-6-9+ months after delivery that I put in the niggling column.

Not what drove me to shut down, but an adder.

Interestingly I gave extra love to the one or two guys a year who wrote "oops, I found the parts" or "oops my jackalope partner put the box in the alcove"

Good luck.

We have had employees like that. They'd cheat on their timesheets, on their expense reports, on their paperwork, etc. It was if if "scamming" were their full-time job and "work" was just something that got in the way.

It's this and "I'm missing parts" 3-6-9+ months after delivery that I put in the niggling column.

Not what drove me to shut down, but an adder.

Interestingly I gave extra love to the one or two guys a year who wrote "oops, I found the parts" or "oops my jackalope partner put the box in the alcove"

Good luck.
Yup 👍
The daily grind...

Seals and lubricant... $26 big bucks including shipping.
If he was a regular trusted customer I would take the hit. But he isn't and the delay time tells
me he doesn't want to go through proper channels as he wants a freebie from me.
I could be wrong but most likely not. He has been offered his options. I can't do more than that.
3 months later is obvious he wants a freebee. What a joke.

I am blacklisted/block by a big watch band vendor on the Bay. I called him out on a non genuine Seiko watch band, when the listing clearly stated OEM Seiko. Jerks everywhere. Or was I the jerk?
No not at all, it’s the ones that try to dishonestly work you for free stuff I am talking about.

I then email him the expanded page of the tracking number and the steps and show it was delivered.

Now for the real beauty. he made my day. He replies. " Delivered by WHOM"
Seriously... lol
Hey give the guy some credit.... How many scammers are smart enough to use proper grammar? I bet 80% of the English speaking population dont even know that form of the word "who" even exits.

My wife runs an automotive electronics aftermarket company and sees scammer customers all-day-long. She told me one she had a few months back, she gets an elevated call from the call center who had a customer call about two weeks after ordering a unit and said he never got it. She checked with Fed Ex, they say it shows it was delivered and that it was signed for. Customer demands that he never got it, starts yelling and throwing expletives, and says he is initializing a credit card chargeback and hangs up on her. She's also audits the chargebacks they get and a few days later got the chargeback notice from the credit card company. She goes into the system and flags this units serial number as lost/stolen during delivery.

Random moron customer #2, a couple week laters, calls and says he bought a unit at a garage sale and said he saw on a forum that a just released software upgrade is available for this model unit and wants to know if he can get that done. Sure, its $xx and requires the unit to be shipped back to them. He doesnt want to pay the fee, throws a fit and demands a manager. Wife gets on the call, he's ranting and raving, says the unit "isnt that old, this software upgrade should be free". She's immediately suspicious and asks if the unit came with the box, he said yes. She says "take a picture of it sitting on top of the box so that I can see the serial number, so that I know which software patch to put on the repair order." Moron sends her the picture....what an idiot..... Yep, the serial number is the unit from call #1 above from the guy who says he never got it and was doing a chargeback. She says "Sorry this unit is reported lost or stolen and is ineligible for warranty, repairs or updates and is flagged in the system as stolen, go back to the people you bought it from and try to get your money back", guy says nothing and immediately hangs up.

Meanwhile she goes into the phone log and takes a picture of the phone number he was calling from and does a search on the phone number in her system.... Yup, pulls up the account of the guy who says it was never delivered and is doing the chargeback. She then takes the picture he sent her of the units serial number, the picture of his number on the phone log, and the record from Fed Ex saying it was signed for, and calls her contact at the credit card company, and tells them whats going on. The credit card company sides with her, agrees he is a scammer, reverses the chargeback and sends the moron a chargeback denial.

So now scammer does not get his money back and has a $1000 non-upgradeable and unrepairable toy with no warranty and a blacklisted serial number.

There isnt a day that goes by where she doesnt have a story like this. People are scum.

Hey give the guy some credit.... How many scammers are smart enough to use proper grammar? I bet 80% of the English speaking population dont even know that form of the word "who" even exits.

My wife runs an automotive electronics aftermarket company and sees scammer customers all-day-long. She told me one she had a few months back, she gets an elevated call from the call center who had a customer call about two weeks after ordering a unit and said he never got it. She checked with Fed Ex, they say it shows it was delivered and that it was signed for. Customer demands that he never got it, starts yelling and throwing expletives, and says he is initializing a credit card chargeback and hangs up on her. She's also audits the chargebacks they get and a few days later got the chargeback notice from the credit card company. She goes into the system and flags this units serial number as lost/stolen during delivery.

Random moron customer #2, a couple week laters, calls and says he bought a unit at a garage sale and said he saw on a forum that a just released software upgrade is available for this model unit and wants to know if he can get that done. Sure, its $xx and requires the unit to be shipped back to them. He doesnt want to pay the fee, throws a fit and demands a manager. Wife gets on the call, he's ranting and raving, says the unit "isnt that old, this software upgrade should be free". She's immediately suspicious and asks if the unit came with the box, he said yes. She says "take a picture of it sitting on top of the box so that I can see the serial number, so that I know which software patch to put on the repair order." Moron sends her the picture....what an idiot..... Yep, the serial number is the unit from call #1 above from the guy who says he never got it and was doing a chargeback. She says "Sorry this unit is reported lost or stolen and is ineligible for warranty, repairs or updates and is flagged in the system as stolen, go back to the people you bought it from and try to get your money back", guy says nothing and immediately hangs up.

Meanwhile she goes into the phone log and takes a picture of the phone number he was calling from and does a search on the phone number in her system.... Yup, pulls up the account of the guy who says it was never delivered and is doing the chargeback. She then takes the picture he sent her of the units serial number, the picture of his number on the phone log, and the record from Fed Ex saying it was signed for, and calls her contact at the credit card company, and tells them whats going on. The credit card company sides with her, agrees he is a scammer, reverses the chargeback and sends the moron a chargeback denial.

So now scammer does not get his money back and has a $1000 non-upgradeable and unrepairable toy with no warranty and a blacklisted serial number.

There isnt a day that goes by where she doesnt have a story like this. People are scum.

That's awesome, justice delivered legitimately!

Back