Shipping containers piling up at Chinese ports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precisely. That’s what I’ve been trying harder to do. No interest in financing spy balloons at the expense of domestic jobs.
As long as the USD is the global reserve currency, manufacturing domestically will not make sense. It is far easier to print money and buy real goods with a piece of green paper than actually work hard on creating these real goods.

Are we ready and willing to produce value? I don't think so.

Maybe time to buy from someone else, or better yet, go back to making things here and creating self independence and jobs for people.
That's already happening. A recent project farm video was testing windshield wipers. Only one pair was from China, the Bosch oddly enough as they were German made i guess until recently. Thailand, Indonesia and the Philippines as usa made popped up.

About a week ago I was involved in a conversation with someone who works at the Port of Tacoma which is a very busy port. He said that operations have been slow. The A guys are getting their hours but the B guys are being told to stay home.

If you want to predict a recession look how fast the 18 wheelers are driving. They were going 80 six months ago when diesel was more expensive than it is now. Haven't been on the highway lately...
Roads still seem busy.
Since St Pat's day, I've been to Gaveston, TX and Chicago, IL and the roads to both were very busy. Lots of trucks on the roads to and from both destinations from STL.

About a week ago I was involved in a conversation with someone who works at the Port of Tacoma which is a very busy port. He said that operations have been slow. The A guys are getting their hours but the B guys are being told to stay home.
Time for someone to check out the rail lines that run parallel to the Missouri River in Montana and count the flatcars sitting on the sidings. Slower shipping equals idled flatcars.

The illegals swarming our nation.
When I see a warm blooded US born citizen willing to do that job and actually have a work ethic , I'll be 80 most likely or dead.

People don't want to work or want to $30 an hour to do a unskilled labor job. I see it everyday in my industry.

I think the problem is that $30 per hour is not a lot of money anymore. Not even close.
I wonder if the amount one is paid is even relevant. One can live at a standard well above 90 percent of the world as a non working adult. What is the incentive to work? Who is educating our youth?

We have a duty to be productive and responsible citizens. I hear a lot on news, yet I can't recall ever hearing that message from anyone in the US, except Bill Bennett. But I doubt what Mr Bennett said made it on any major news network, or to public school teachers.

I wonder if the amount one is paid is even relevant. One can live at a standard well above 90 percent of the world as a non working adult. What is the incentive to work? Who is educating our youth?

We have a duty to be productive and responsible citizens. I hear a lot on news, yet I can't recall ever hearing that message from anyone in the US, except Bill Bennett. But I doubt what Mr Bennett said made it on any major news network, or to public school teachers.

If and hopefully that is a BIG if...

Universal Basic Income if that ever passes that's a nail in the coffin really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back