Shell Vpower Nitro+ - New shell gasoline

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that there's something wrong with your mileage testing.

The BTU/gal is certainly not +/- 25%, and that's the primary driver. Tuning factors give a plus/minus over the top of the primary driver.

Originally Posted By: autovelocity
I want to add my 2 cents to this conversation.

I've been using Shell 91 Nitro in my brand new 2015 GTI and I am very impressed by the fuel economy on the highway.

Driving at about ~100km/hr in 6th I managed to get 5.6L/100KM consumption. VW claims 7.xL/100KM on highway.

City driving is the same as advertised at about 9.5L/100km to 10.0L/100km

With Chevron 94 on the same highway trip I use up about 9L which seems very strange, but filling up again at the destination point does not lie. (same relative temperature, same weight and same speed)

How far is this trip, how many times has this been tracked, and how are you determining the amount of gas used (by the pump cutoff during fillup... ? very inaccurate).

Don't mean to threadjack the unbelievable mileage story but does anyone know definitively whether or not Shell's V-Power Nitro+ has PEA additive in it?

Originally Posted By: autovelocity
Originally Posted By: Garak
Are you saying you went from 5.6 L/100 km to 9 L/100 km just by switching brands? I hope you realize you're going to get a rough ride over this one.

Exactly what I'm saying yes.
I will be going back and forth between the Shell 91 and Chevron 94 to do more testing.

None of which will prove a thing when it comes to real-world fuel economy, just be aware of that.

Originally Posted By: Luisraul924
Don't mean to threadjack the unbelievable mileage story but does anyone know definitively whether or not Shell's V-Power Nitro+ has PEA additive in it?

I don't know what the chemistry is precisely, and they probably treat that as proprietary. In any case, nothing wrong with bumping the thread. We're eagerly awaiting more data on this miraculous switch in fuel economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back