Shell Rotella Gasoline Truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shell is releasing an oil in their Rotella line this month called Gasoline Truck and Suv. It will come in 0w20, 5w20 and 5w30 flavors. It meets the Usual Chrysler and Ford Spec, Dexos 1 Gen 2, API SN Plus and ILSAC GF-5. Its full synthetic. What do you guys suppose will be the difference between say Pennzoil Platinum? It says its designed for gasoline engines that do a lot of hauling, towing etc. Obviously no one will know for sure until it's out in the wild and a lab sample can be produced. Just curious on everyone's initial thoughts. ( I just realized that there is a Q&A at the top of the page for this, but for some reason I can't delete the post) Sorry.

Last edited:
Ditto Broc.

Should be a fine oil, but it'll be on par with competition oils when it comes to anti-wear.

I've only seen it at auto parts stores for ~$40 for a 5 quart jug. Which is actually more expensive than Mobil 1 or Pennzoil PP at the same stores. When you can get Mobil1 or Pennzoil at Walmart for ~$25-27 for a 5 quart jug it becomes very noncompetitive at this point in time.

Whimsey

Just another product line extension into a saturated market segment.

There certainly isn't a technical performance differentiator in play here.

Will it last??? Maybe.... Maybe not....

Time will tell.

There is a stickied thread at the top of the forum regarding this oil. Shell should have answers to a lot of these questions by the 28th.

Until then we haven't seen a VOA or UOA, so not much can be said unless someone has info.

It's also brand new (or maybe not *cough* Rotella t6 multivehicle)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back