Selling car to Peddle, what to expect?

I decided to sell the car to peddle. I have an offer code. I am going to call today for a pick up. According to their website, I hand over the title and they give me a check.

I am not clear if I have any role with the DMV, like do I need to fill up and sign a sell form, remove registration stickers etc.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.

I would want a signed copy of that sell form as well. Personnally, I would want a certified bank check as payment if I can't get cash. . Personal and company checks scare me and are not trustworthy..

I did just that.

Within 36 hours a local yard called to make an apt.

I had said tires inflated and runs. This meant they sent a wrecker not a flatbed. But 2 tires didn’t hold air (we had to rearrange on the day of).

They told me ignore the peddle instructions with the title (said it had to be notarized).

Guy came and lifted the front end and FaceTimed his office. They said not a factory CAT. Cut the offer from $600 to $300. I googled my car and they were right, not OE CAT.

I accepted offer, guy said sorry I wish I could give you the $600. He also said I could see if anyone else would. Also before swapping tires he said a flatbed would have to come back probably tomorrow. But then he asked do you have a jack and I said yes, impact wrench as well.

I made a shameless plug for neutral drop and dude looked it up.

In all of the excitement I forgot to give them the keys, and never heard from them again. Was given $300 cash.

Later I got an email from peddle thank you and here’s your receipt for $140? 😂

I'm in NY. Two cars sold to Peddle. Neither were on the road or drivable at the time.

In each case, I accepted the offer online, a yard reached out to me directly to set up a time to pick up the car, truck showed up. Driver had cash, I signed the title and got a receipt. Later got a receipt from Peddle online as well.

My $.02, you need to do whatever you normally do in your state when you sell a car privately, NY recommends you scrape the registration and inspection IIRC, turn in the plates if you have them (or transfer the registration), etc.

I'm in NY. Two cars sold to Peddle. Neither were on the road or drivable at the time.

In each case, I accepted the offer online, a yard reached out to me directly to set up a time to pick up the car, truck showed up. Driver had cash, I signed the title and got a receipt. Later got a receipt from Peddle online as well.

My $.02, you need to do whatever you normally do in your state when you sell a car privately, NY recommends you scrape the registration and inspection IIRC, turn in the plates if you have them (or transfer the registration), etc.
Yes, Reggie stickers is like removing shipping label before recycling a box. Not necessary but I’d do it. Plates of course is pretty obvious. Why not remove anything easily traced back. If you leave letters with your address in the glove box good chance it doesn’t matter but I’d take everything out

Yes, Reggie stickers is like removing shipping label before recycling a box. Not necessary but I’d do it. Plates of course is pretty obvious. Why not remove anything easily traced back. If you leave letters with your address in the glove box good chance it doesn’t matter but I’d take everything out
I always have that apprehension that the car is going to get tossed back on the road with your sticker and plates that were gotten somewhere. Don't need that coming back to me.

I had someone buy a used car that wanted to drive home on my registration and his plates, who knows where the car was going.

I decided to sell the car to peddle. I have an offer code. I am going to call today for a pick up. According to their website, I hand over the title and they give me a check.

I am not clear if I have any role with the DMV, like do I need to fill up and sign a sell form, remove registration stickers etc.

Any information will be helpful.

Thanks in advance.
I used them about 10 years ago with no problem. Granted, I was concerned about handing over a car for a check but in my case it was only about $1300.00. As I recall, signed the title just like any other sale, took the plates off, took plenty of pictures of the guy taking the car, his truck (and license plate) and then ran to the bank and deposited the check then turned the plates in to MVC.
On a side note, when I first logged on to Peddle, I was just doing it to get an idea of what they would be willing to give me as the car ran but needed an engine. They gave me a price of about $1000.00. A few days later, another email and they upped their offer to $1150.00. A few days later, another email with what they stated would be the final offer of $1300.00 which I accepted.

Already turned in the plates, removed registration stickers.

The guy showed up, checked if the cat is original. AFAIK, it was but he claimed it is aftermarket. I didn't want to argue, took $400. Signed the title and he took the car,
My car was there in the driveway, no longer driven, since 2017…it still started and ran…my first new car. But it felt good to see it go earlier this year.

Back