SeaFoam in Diesel Fuel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Howdy, I have been running PowerService in the Winter and Marvel Mystery oil the rest of the year in my 6.9 International Harvester Engine. Have noticed lately SeaFoam on sale and is for Gas and Diesel fuels. Anyone have any experience with Seafoam in diesel fuel?

Does your injector pump need the lubrication that use to be in diesel fuel? If so 2 cycle oil is best. If not I would only run the PowerService in the winter and forget the MMO. MMO is just not needed in any engine for any reason.

The PowerService has fuel lube additive and the Marvel Mystery oil has worked well for fuel lube additive for 29 years....same injectors! I am just wondering about the Seafoam in diesel fuel as an additive as well as a lube/fuel conditioner.....It is on SALe
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2
The PowerService has fuel lube additive and the Marvel Mystery oil has worked well for fuel lube additive for 29 years....same injectors! I am just wondering about the Seafoam in diesel fuel as an additive as well as a lube/fuel conditioner.....It is on SALe
smile.gif

If you read the info about MMO and how it REDUCES the lubricity of diesel fuel and makes it worse than baseline fuel you would not use it with diesel fuel.

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=177728

By virtue of being a 2WD Dodge Ram it gets a lot less use in the winter than it does in the summer. And if it had a fuel gelling problem I would just take the Jeep. That being said I try and run 1 QT of Walmart 2 cycle oil per tank to cover the lubricity needs of the Bosch VP44 injector pump.

don. if MMO is so bad why dont i see tons of fails? thinks for once saying your idea about MMO goes for diesel fuel only.

steve i think thats the one. they sure think they need a lot of text, i dont have time to read that much. allso just what do the numbers mean? may be a little means a lot, may be not. just cause it shows negative for diesel doesnt mean its negative for gas.

at the end of the report it has this paragraph.

Products 16 through 19 were found to cause the fuel/additive blend to
perform worse than the baseline fuel. The cause for this is speculative. This
is not unprecedented in HFRR testing and can be caused by alcohol or other
components in the additives. Further investigation into the possibilities
behind these poor results will be investigated.

note: "The cause for this is speculative."
i want a better test

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back