Schaeffer's #132 Moly E.P. Oil Treatment ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any experience or opinions on #132 Moly E.P. Oil Treatment? What/When/Where is this additive appropriate/needed/beneficial?

I used this product in an old oil-burning Oliver diesel tractor, and it seems to help that quite a bit. It is obnoxiously thick--so thick even at room temp that when you pour it, it will "stack up" on itself when it lands on something rather than dispersing.

I remember seeing a VOA on this add that shows very low levels of moly, zinc, etc. with a dab of antimony. Apparently people have had very good luck with UOAs with it in their oil, almost like there is a synergistic effect of some kind.

Personally, I think it is too thick, particularly in winter, and is best suited for worn out, oil burning type of motors. Schaeffer's oil doesn't need any additives IMO.

Tony (may he rest in peace) gave me a few bottles of this stuff a couple years ago to try in an oil consuming Aerostar. Here is what he wrote me:
Quote:

It is not high in moly, but has a very good surfactant. The surfactant is supposed to help the oil remain on the metal surfaces longer. Probably what Castrol is using in their oil that they advertise so heavy, Start-Up. I recommend only a half dose from the bottle instructions.

It did not seem to help, but then I think I found out why the Aerostar is consuming so much and it likely would not have been helped by the #132. I must say it is really fun stuff, smells great, is greenish and pours like honey.

I actually ordered this on a whim while I was on the phone ordering a case of Nuetra/131. I intend to use the 132 in my boat (5.0 VolvoPenta, 270 HP) which sits for weeks at a time, but works hard when used. Current fill is 40W dino. Ofcourse there will be some LC20 in there too!

Good fit?

I have 20 some odd pints. Added it to 10W-30 M1 in my Caprice and the thing barely turned over in the winter; yes obnoxiously thick....

I use it in my I6 300^3in ford, Along with gobs of LC to thin it out, engine runs smooth. Probably not just the 132, but the entire combo....

Case of 24 pints for $64. That comes to $2.67 per pint. I plan to use half pint per treatment, so this is basically a lifetime supply for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back