Sattilite Television!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have pulled TV channels out of the air forever.....however, I have been entertaining the thought of purchasing a TV service. Over in the NorthWest, Direct TV and a few others offer the "dish" on the roof top with local and special channels for about 30 to 40 bucks a month.

I am in the country so cable, etc is out of the question.

Any thoughts or advice?

I am in the country. Lucky I get phone and electric. I am on DirectTV. Its a perfect picture and you can use DirectTV on more than just a TV, like a computer, tablet, smart phone, home or away.

If you are going to go DirectTV, PM, so I can recommend you, you can a better deal signing up and I get a few bucks off my bill.

Mine is on a short pole near the edge of the woods. Does not have to be on the roof.

I have been a Direct TV customer for over 12 years after I moved the cable companies to the list of bad things in life. I think they are great. I do recommend the life time equipment service contract that is cheap and if something fails you call up and new items show up right away. I just could not stand the cable companies any more very poor service and they chose the channels and free tv in my area is Washington DC so they choose programs like [censored] over an IndyCar race or something else so they had go aswell.

Honestly my girlfriend and I have been thinking of doing away with Cable/Satellite all together. We're going to just get a digital antenna and subscribe to Hulu Plus and Netflix which will stream straight to my Vizio Smart TV. $16 a month and I get to pick and choose what to watch and when.

We have Dish. Nice customer service, no "gotchas" in the bill, and have not had any glitch in the service except during Tstorms.

I've had Dish now for 14 years, excellent reception, excellent customer service, excellent pricing. Our current package costs us $62.00 bucks a month and consists of 250 channels plus 1 premium and all locals. Can't beat it IMO.

Internet streaming is all I need - Hulu Plus and Netflix, though I may cancel and only re-subscribe to Netflix when each new season of the Walking Dead airs. I just finished season 3 and watched a few new stand ups, so it's time to cancel again.

We have a dish and it works fine, except last year, during the Olympic games, we were getting poor reception.
We called customer service and was told it was probably SNOW

I told them it was August and 30 degs +

He responded "But you are in Canada!"

Customer support was in New Delhi India.

I turned out branches of a tree were shadowing the dish.

Originally Posted By: LargeCarManX2

Any thoughts or advice?

Find something better to do than watch the idiot box.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Any thoughts or advice?

Like being on an Internet forum...

Originally Posted By: Donald
I am in the country. Lucky I get phone and electric. I am on DirectTV. Its a perfect picture and you can use DirectTV on more than just a TV, like a computer, tablet, smart phone, home or away.

I loved DirecTV and miss it. Of course, I can't get into the whole issue without getting into trouble with the rules here (politics), but boy, I miss DirecTV.

Originally Posted By: RamFan
Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

Any thoughts or advice?

Like being on an Internet forum...

Don't even bother. Some people just aren't happy if they aren't puffing their chest with a holier-than-thou attitude because they don't like certain things.

Direct TV is fantastic. I have had it for many years.

Do get the service plan. It's only about $5 a month. They will come out and fix you equipment whenever it needs it.

Originally Posted By: vssjim
I have been a Direct TV customer for over 12 years........

Stupid question. How? I have to switch between Direct and Dish about every 3 years because the rates go up so much. I threaten to leave, and they pretty much say have a good day. The new company will give me new equipment, lower rates for the first year, and typically the rates after the intro period are lower for a while. Once they start raising the rates again, I switch. I prefer Direct, but I'm not paying the sky high rates they charge after 3 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back