Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. sheet of ice flew off a semi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another reason I'm glad I am no where near the northeast.

We did get a relatively rare freezing rain event earlier this week - the second this season, and being from Silicon Valley that feels like an adventure - and on the way home a truck passing me had icy stuff flying off of the top. Didn't hit me or anything, but made me wonder about just such an incident.

^ yeah Northeast winters are brutal on cars. ughhhh

I'm one of those drivers who's not real concerned with getting all the snow off my vehicle. Sure I do the windows & hood, but the roof & bed of my truck? Nope.

But then again, I don't expect any more from the other drivers on the road...it's winter & the road is full of environmental hazards. Accept the risk or stay home.

Sorry, I disagree with you. It is your responsibility to make sure nothing flies off your vehicle to harm someone else or their property. If you can't accept that responsibility, then you should stay home.

Speaking of responsibility, I once had someone slide into my legally parked car during an ice storm. It was felony hit and run. Apparently she didn't think it was her responsibility because the roads were slippery. Thanks to good witnesses, she had to explain what she did to a judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back