Royal Purple HPS vs Redline Synthetic Oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize that you represented the entire BITOG community.

Thank goodness you don't!

And it is a handful of Fram henchman. No reason to cal them out. Anyone active here knows who they are.

I don't know what is more hilarious, the fact that you think I'm the shill, that you think you represent the BITOG community as a whole, or that I should have kissed some members rears when I first got here so I could have been taken seriously!

So basically your response is "your a salesman, even though you don't sell anything but ideas, and if you kissed some butt you would be taken more
Seriously."

Next time I'm in Canada I will look you up. That must be some awesome weed in your pipe!

Originally Posted By: lawnguy
Please be more specific? Thanks...

Originally Posted By: LX289
Redline. Has bigger oil molecules

Their oils in general have bigger oil molecules so this makes the oil film strength better which is why Redline is better. I would chose it over royal purple any day.

Originally Posted By: jk_636
I didn't realize that you represented the entire BITOG community.

Thank goodness you don't!

Of the people that bother to read and respond to your posts, my observations appear to be in-line with theirs. So perhaps our focus should be on the entire active BITOG community, most of which seem to think you are a joke.

And it is a handful of Fram henchman. No reason to cal them out. Anyone active here knows who they are.

Oh yes, it is just the FRAM guys that don't take you seriously, not those who have found your peddling of Royal Purple ridiculous to the point of absurdity
smirk.gif

I don't know what is more hilarious, the fact that you think I'm the shill, that you think you represent the BITOG community as a whole, or that I should have kissed some members rears when I first got here so I could have been taken seriously!

Bravo, you've completely missed my point. It had nothing to do with kissing rears.

So basically your response is "your a salesman, even though you don't sell anything but ideas, and if you kissed some butt you would be taken more
Seriously."

No, you are a salesman/you're a salesman, I would not incorrectly use the possessive form of "your" over the contraction "you're"
wink.gif
And somebody who peddles a product using wild and baseless claims, which, in the case of this thread would be Royal Purple, certainly comes across as a salesman or shill.

Next time I'm in Canada I will look you up. That must be some awesome weed in your pipe!

I think it is rather obvious I don't partake in the recreational use of Marijuana. But don't worry, the next time I'm in Texas (just got back from there again a few weeks ago) you have no need to worry about getting a PM from me, as I have no interest in engaging with you personally. Particularly when I've had offers from other BITOG members to go out and do something I would actually find enjoyable.

Starting a war with respected members is sure a great way to make friends!

Skillful. And really lends credence, eh?

Good job, RP will soon offer to pay him to shut up!!!

I never thought I would start a little war when I posted a question?

Which of these 2 oils have better film strength under severe driving conditions?

Which of these 2 oils have better film strength under severe driving conditions?

Steve wasn't referring to you
smile.gif

Oh, I knew that. Thanks!

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

smile.gif

Oh, I knew that. Thanks!

smile.gif

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I haven't ever said anything that was misleading or incorrect regarding RP. But I will take their money if offered.

Starting a war? You mean not bending over. never been very good at that.

There is no war and it isn't your fault.

Oil and filters are almost a religion to some. As much as these couple members detest my sardonic humor, the truth of the matter is that there are many reasons that make RP the better option.

Did you ever get a chance to contact RP for more information? That would still be the best source for information.

I think it is rather obvious I don't partake in the recreational use of Marijuana. But don't worry, the next time I'm in Texas (just got back from there again a few weeks ago) you have no need to worry about getting a PM from me, as I have no interest in engaging with you personally. Particularly when I've had offers from other BITOG members to go out and do something I would actually find enjoyable.

So much for "friendly" neighbor to the north eh? Come on now guy. There is no reason to be ugly! Its just oil, you dont have to make it personal!

No, I haven't contacted royal purple regarding your request, but I have contacted royal purple regarding the levels of zinc and phosphorous,and a senior tech support person said Typical batches of Royal Purple HPS 5W-30 (part #31530, quart bottle) and Royal Purple HPS 10W-30 (part #31130, quart bottle), will have in excess of 1200ppm of zinc and phosphorous each.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I haven't ever said anything that was misleading or incorrect regarding RP. But I will take their money if offered.

Starting a war? You mean not bending over. never been very good at that.

There is no war and it isn't your fault.

Oil and filters are almost a religion to some. As much as these couple members detest my sardonic humor, the truth of the matter is that there are many reasons that make RP the better option.

Did you ever get a chance to contact RP for more information? That would still be the best source for information.

Last edited:
Yes that sounds about right. They have extremely high levels of zinc and phosphorous, part of there unique additive pack. They definetely take a very different approach to PCMO!

What is PCMO ?

Yes that sounds about right. They have extremely high levels of zinc and phosphorous, part of there unique additive pack. They definetely take a very different approach to PCMO!

Your level of response to comments borders on nonsensical. People present valid and sometimes technical comments yet you ignore them and continue to post "sales" type responses with no direct answer to anyone's questions. Do you even want to appear competent in these threads?

It's almost as if you've given up and don't have anything to say yet you keep posting.

No, I haven't contacted royal purple regarding your request, but I have contacted royal purple regarding the levels of zinc and phosphorous,and a senior tech support person said Typical batches of Royal Purple HPS 5W-30 (part #31530, quart bottle) and Royal Purple HPS 10W-30 (part #31130, quart bottle), will have in excess of 1200ppm of zinc and phosphorous each.

Correct, the HPS oils are formulated like a typical HDEO:
http://www.pqiamerica.com/May 2013/kendall.htm
http://www.pqiamerica.com/May 2013/NAPA1540.htm
http://www.pqiamerica.com/May 2013/sunocosuperc.htm
http://www.pqiamerica.com/May 2013/supertech.htm
http://www.pqiamerica.com/May 2013/chevrondelo.htm

As you can see, your typical 15w-40 has similar (some even higher) levels of Zinc/Phosphorous.

This is also the case for many "high performance" PCMO grades from other manufacturers like M1 15w-50, a number of 20w-50's....etc. Anything that isn't constrained by the API limits on Zinc/Phos will often have higher levels.

Originally Posted By: kschachn

Your level of response to comments borders on nonsensical. People present valid and sometimes technical comments yet you ignore them and continue to post "sales" type responses with no direct answer to anyone's questions. Do you even want to appear competent in these threads?

It's almost as if you've given up and don't have anything to say yet you keep posting.

You must not be familiar with the topic at hand.

Lawn guy was right, the levels of certain additives are much higher in HPS. Look it up if you don't take out word for it

Please be more specific? Thanks...

Their oils in general have bigger oil molecules so this makes the oil film strength better which is why Redline is better. I would chose it over royal purple any day.

What ????

Maybe you need to start a thread in the white paper section and provide some evidence of both those claims.

Please explain where we can find this information.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back