Royal Purple at Wal-Mart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:

If Royal Purple is on the shelves at Uncle Wally's, then RP sold it to them. WalMart does not stock anything without a contract from the manufacturer. WalMart does not deal with distributors. If WalMart has RP, and they do stock it here where I live, RP corporate sold it to them and are lying about the fact. I have dealt with WM for years, and this is how they work.

Nope, RP did not sell it to them. The local stores are getting it from another source and that is why RP is after batch numbers off the bottle to find out who is selling it to them. The guy who told this to me is high up at RP and this guy does not lie.

Not trying to start anything with you on this but trust me they are getting it from some source other than RP. RP is trying to stop these stores from selling it.

"The local stores are getting it from another source and that is why RP is after batch numbers off the bottle to find out who is selling it to them."

OK, then who at RP should I talk to with batch numbers from the local store? If RP really wants this information then there is no reason to be shy about naming names. The only reason to keep it quiet would be if RP didn't want to make Wa-Mart mad, but you are saying that Royal Purple could care less about making Wal-Mart mad. Thus there is no reason for any secrecy.

I am sorry to inform you, but WalMart does not do business with anybody but the original manufacturer. I have first hand knowledge of their buying practices. They bought it from RP at an exceptional price, RP signed the WalMart Contract, or WM would not be selling it. IF RP said they did not, then they are lying to you.

wgtoys - the guy is head of tech support at RP. His name is David.

MatchboxCar - while that may be how they do business as a rule it is not the case here. You believe as you wish but I am telling you this guy doesn't lie. What would the motivation be? Makes zero sense to say I was lied to about this.

Sorry this upset some folks. Don;t know why but it seems to have. I will leave.

Quote:

I am sorry to inform you, but WalMart does not do business with anybody but the original manufacturer. I have first hand knowledge of their buying practices. They bought it from RP at an exceptional price, RP signed the WalMart Contract, or WM would not be selling it. IF RP said they did not, then they are lying to you.

Sir it is you that are mis-informed. Royal Purple sells directly to nobody just as many other companies choose to do. If you do a little research online you will learn that RP's largest dist. is responsible for the RP oil you see on Wal-Marts shelf. They're not hard to find online and are the largest RP dealer in the U.S.

Quote:

wgtoys - the guy is head of tech support at RP. His name is David.

MatchboxCar - while that may be how they do business as a rule it is not the case here. You believe as you wish but I am telling you this guy doesn't lie. What would the motivation be? Makes zero sense to say I was lied to about this.

Sorry this upset some folks. Don;t know why but it seems to have. I will leave.

Where will you go?

Actually, I hit submit before I wad done. Wish you could edit your posts here. I meant to say I will leave this topic for others to debate. I am not leaving the site over something so stupid.

Actually I am quite curious as to the truth....

Mokanic - you mentioned that it's on the web (somewhere) that a RP distributor is selling direct to WM. Can you please provide a link????

popcorn.gif

My WM has royal purple too. I'm going to wait a year when
they clearance the oil at $1/qt. I'll clean house then.

When you said "Royal Purple" I thought you guys meant you saw the Artist Formerly Known as Prince at Wally World.

Prolly getting the oil changed in the Little Red Corvette.

well, i found RP at my local wally worlds as well. one only seemed to have 5W-30, and another one had either 5W-30 or 10W-30, I don't remember. I'm going to

Quote:

well, i found RP at my local wally worlds as well. one only seemed to have 5W-30, and another one had either 5W-30 or 10W-30, I don't remember. I'm going to

DOH!!! hit continue before I was done. Anyway...I am going to go ahead and
deadhorse.gif
on the subject of whether or not RP is allowing Wally World to sell their product, even if they got the cold shoulder from corporate, could they get it from someplace else and stock it, I mean with all the wallyworlds seemingly putting it on their shelf, it would seem that they got permission from someone wouldn't it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back