Rotella T-6: Is this sold in large Jugs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JXW

Wanted to know if it is sold in larger packaging than quarts and what should a fella expect to pay for larger jug in the Midwest?

I want to use it but not if all I can find is quarts for $7.00 at Wal-Mart.

Yes, it's available in gallons.

Look in the rebates section here for a great deal on 3 gallons.

Most Walmarts carry it in gallon jugs, but if you look in the yellow pages under oil you should be able to find a Shell distributor close by. There you can also get it in 5-gallons containers.

If you don't have a WM nearby (can this really be?), then you're far enough out to have a TSC or Rural King or some other farm supply store, which should also have gallon jugs.

You're so close to the I-75, I can't imagine you're only finding it in quarts ...

WM in West Branch only has the quarts of T6. TSC does not carry it either. My next option is Bay City, Saginaw or Midland so I was hoping to know what stores would carry this before I drive down to search.

Every AutoZone, Advance Auto Parts & Murray's O'Reilley I've ever been to in the Midwest has always carried the gallon jugs of T6.

Seems like my local WM is selling gallon jugs at $19.00. The last gallon of T5 I purchased there was $16.50. Since they never have the correct grade in the extra quart needed, I've moved on to something else (Delo).

Originally Posted By: Rumble
Seems like my local WM is selling gallon jugs at $19.00. The last gallon of T5 I purchased there was $16.50. Since they never have the correct grade in the extra quart needed, I've moved on to something else (Delo).

I've heard this often and am always surprised at how many people want to buy the gallon jug, plus one quart. Am I the only one who buys two gallon jugs for the same purpose?

I am not Mr. Rich, but the quart cost is insane vs. any Walmart Gallon or 5 Qt offering.

Midland walmart sells it in Gallon jugs, I know the T5 has a discount sticker on it right now. Not sure if you can use it for teh t6 though. IIRc, it is ~20 bucks there for a gallon and they sell quarts too.

Does West Branch sell quarts of t5 10w30?
Im not sure they even make it in quarts.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: JXW
Wanted to know if it is sold in larger packaging than quarts and what should a fella expect to pay for larger jug in the Midwest?

I want to use it but not if all I can find is quarts for $7.00 at Wal-Mart.

Rotella T6, aka Rotella Synthetic 5w40 is only sold in quarts and gallons (possibly 55 gallon drums, but I forget). It is not sold in 2.5 gallon or 5 gallons. This is directly from Shell and a local distributor. I found this out when I tried to find out the same information a few months back.

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Most Walmarts carry it in gallon jugs, but if you look in the yellow pages under oil you should be able to find a Shell distributor close by. There you can also get it in 5-gallons containers.
Drool!

Originally Posted By: HondaMan
Originally Posted By: Rumble

I've heard this often and am always surprised at how many people want to buy the gallon jug, plus one quart. Am I the only one who buys two gallon jugs for the same purpose?

I am not Mr. Rich, but the quart cost is insane vs. any Walmart Gallon or 5 Qt offering.

Yes, it makes more economical sense to just to buy another gallon. Since I've been trying out different oils for a couple different vehicles, I've been hesitant to buy extra amounts. Once I get that figured out, I'll go ahead and get a couple gallon jugs. This seems to be more of a prob with HDEOs, as the regular PCMOs can usually be bought in 5 qt jugs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back