Rock Auto Carquest Oil Filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so these "listed" as Wix which would be the previous CQ manufacturer, but as noted by others topic CQ's are Champ/Fram/Rank made. RA filter listing process, far less than authoritative, clear or transparent, imo. A good score for you nonetheless.

Still wonder if closeout pricing is because of a change in CQ manufacturer as shown by a recent CQ filter posting from a member showing a PNW AAP store new CQ filter with a different manufacturer. Nothing definitive but at least in that area, seems a change has been made.

Originally Posted By: Sayjac
OK, so these "listed" as Wix which would be the previous CQ manufacturer, but as noted by others topic CQ's are Champ/Fram/Rank made. RA filter listing process, far less than authoritative, clear or transparent, imo. A good score for you nonetheless.

Still wonder if closeout pricing is because of a change in CQ manufacturer as shown by a recent CQ filter posting from a member showing a PNW AAP store new CQ filter with a different manufacturer. Nothing definitive but at least in that area, seems a change has been made.

Yes, they're made by Purolator now.

The CQ filters listed under Wix are the old Wixes. The CQ filters listed under Ultra Power are usually Frams.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Yes, they're made by Purolator now.

As noted I have seen the 'one' anecdote posted from the PNW AAP showing a M&H Puro made CQ, but I have seen no 'authoritative' information stating 'definitively' that 'all' CQs have changed manufacturers. Until I do I put it in the speculative category at this point.

I do so because there are AZ STP filters in the west (Idaho) showing M&H Puro made, but as of last week STP's in this`area (SE) are 'still' ALL Champ/Fram made filters. Perhaps the fact that haven't read of CQ manufacturer change by the Fram filter authority on this board is an indication of a complete manufacturer change but for the sake of accuracy that's an assumption/leap I'm not willing to make.

Quote:
The CQ filters listed under Wix are the old Wixes...

The OP says his CQ filters are listed under Wix, and they are newer Champ/Fram made.
21.gif

As I said, in my observation the RA filter listings are something less than authoritative/transparent.

This is true.

They listed some "re-branded" WIX's last fall that turned out to be Champ CQ reds. The normal inventory of these were the Napa Gold style WIX's too so these (IMO) were listed incorrectly.

I am speaking from experience because this happened to me and I called to complain. The guy originally said too bad and that they were indeed WIX's. I said that wasnt the case because of a different design, but there was apparently nothing he could do. I said thanks and that was it.

Upon further investigation, one was damaged so I called later explaining my issues (a. product not as advertised and b. a damaged part.) and got my money back.

As noted I have seen the 'one' anecdote posted from the PNW AAP showing a M&H Puro made CQ, but I have seen no 'authoritative' information stating 'definitively' that 'all' CQs have changed manufacturers. Until I do I put it in the speculative category at this point.

I sent an email to Motorking asking about CQ filters, and he told me that Fram lost the CQ contract and that they use Purolator now.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

I sent an email to Motorking asking about CQ filters, and he told me that Fram lost the CQ contract and that they use Purolator now.

That is the very first time I've seen it posted here with any 'Mk' notation/confirmation attached to it. Never saw him post it though, and checking his posts it was not mentioned even while posting about CQ filters on the same day as PNW CQ anecdote. When the anecdote came up HERE last month it remained unconfirmed. So, now I'll consider the new CQ manufacturer authoritatively confirmed.

Also lends credence to the reasoning for the topic Champ/Fram CQ filters with closeout pricing now at RA.

But as noted, these Champs/Fram CQs were listed under Wix at RA. Still a good deal for the OP.

They are oil filters, not jugs of milk. He will get a few years storage life out of them before age is a concern.

Since my truck is under warranty I change my oil twice a year. This will get me about 3-1/2 years worth of filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back