Rislone Engine Treatment. How to Use?

hello yall. I just wanna know how to use rislone engine treatment. Do i add after oil change or before? And how many max km/miles should it be running in d engine? Hoping it would fix lifter noise on my kia sorento 2011. T.i.a.

You add it in place of a quart of oil when changing the oil and let it work for the duration of the oil change interval. If your engine is dirty, you may wish to make it a shorter than normal interval.

That depends how dirty your engine is.

The mileage recommendations are so you do not plug your oil filter up and starve your engine of oil.
If you are concerned, run it for 500-1000 miles and change and check your filter. then make your decision.

I believe all these cleaners are safe to run to the full OCI as long as your filter does not clog up.

For me personally, I add the cleaner during the start of an OCI and run until the next OCI 3k to 5k intervals. But I know my engines are not sludged up, just trying to keep rings from sticking and mainly trying to clean the ringlands. Preventative maintenance more than anything.

Lately I have been on the schedule of something 1st OCI Risolone or HPL EC, 2nd OCI no cleaner, 3rd OCI Risolone or HPL EC, cleaner every other OCI or every 3rd OCI.

For engines with known ring sticking problems like J37 Acura, I use the cleaner every OCI, and BG EPR flush every 12-15K miles. I have one car going on 30k miles with this routine and the filter still has specs of carbonaceous materials. As long as there is combustion the ringlands will continue to accumulate debris and the cleaners will keep them at bay.

Most will say a well formulated oil will take care of this, maybe but if a vehicle is prone to ring issues why not give it all the help it can get. If you use risolone the cost of an OCI does not change much, if you use HPL EC, the cost of substituting a quart is $7-$15 (Depending what you paid for your oil).

Might be overkill, but works for me.

To get the best results, it's recommended to use the product for around 3,000 to 5,000 miles. It's a slower cleaner and not a flush, so don't worry if you don't see overnight results. In fact, it may take a few treatments to get the desired results.
Screenshot_20240425-144510~2.jpg

Is this the 2.4 4 cylinder or the V6? Do you suspect sludge from lack of maintenance? It could just be getting ready to seize up (though my wife's and many others seized up without any real signs). Be aware that direct injection adds a lot of extra noise so these are not quiet engine even when they're new.

Is this the 2.4 4 cylinder or the V6? Do you suspect sludge from lack of maintenance? It could just be getting ready to seize up (though my wife's and many others seized up without any real signs). Be aware that direct injection adds a lot of extra noise so these are not quiet engine even when they're new.
Definitely lifter noise on cold start but completely disappears when it reaches operating temp. 2.4 4 cylinder

To get the best results, it's recommended to use the product for around 3,000 to 5,000 miles. It's a slower cleaner and not a flush, so don't worry if you don't see overnight results. In fact, it may take a few treatments to get the desired results.View attachment 216034
I just had an oil change like 2 weeks ago.. can i just add it anytime?

That depends how dirty your engine is.

The mileage recommendations are so you do not plug your oil filter up and starve your engine of oil.
If you are concerned, run it for 500-1000 miles and change and check your filter. then make your decision.

I believe all these cleaners are safe to run to the full OCI as long as your filter does not clog up.

For me personally, I add the cleaner during the start of an OCI and run until the next OCI 3k to 5k intervals. But I know my engines are not sludged up, just trying to keep rings from sticking and mainly trying to clean the ringlands. Preventative maintenance more than anything.

Lately I have been on the schedule of something 1st OCI Risolone or HPL EC, 2nd OCI no cleaner, 3rd OCI Risolone or HPL EC, cleaner every other OCI or every 3rd OCI.

For engines with known ring sticking problems like J37 Acura, I use the cleaner every OCI, and BG EPR flush every 12-15K miles. I have one car going on 30k miles with this routine and the filter still has specs of carbonaceous materials. As long as there is combustion the ringlands will continue to accumulate debris and the cleaners will keep them at bay.

Most will say a well formulated oil will take care of this, maybe but if a vehicle is prone to ring issues why not give it all the help it can get. If you use risolone the cost of an OCI does not change much, if you use HPL EC, the cost of substituting a quart is $7-$15 (Depending what you paid for your oil).

Might be overkill, but works for me.
Thank you
I had been using it for normal intervals. It says that you can double it for shorter durations with extra cleaning

Yes you will be fine
Is it safe to leave it in d engine until i have my next oil change? Like 2000km more until i get my oil changed again

As mentioned above just don't overfill. You can go further than 2000k, too, and it may do a better job if you do. Rislone is a slow cleaner. 5 to 8k kilometers would be reasonable.

Back