RGT & QSUP

rotella gas truck discontinued & quaker state new ultimate protection shows up. is it likely that the new quaker state is just rebranded gas truck oil?

Why would it matter if it’s RGT? It’s the certifications that determine how an oil will perform, not what color bottle and which naming convention they use.
it doesnt matter at all. just curious whether it could be the same oil in a green bottle.

Which bags the question… Why does this site exist?
So I can peruse data - like UOA's and make comments like 'oil is oil' because that's what the data suggests. I also enjoy reading things about tools, cause tools be helpful, repair sections - cause you never know when you might glean a bit of important information. There are even some helpful people on here, and some that are usually helpful but sometimes post a response because they think their ALL of their input is valuable. Those are the best. The 'imanexperts' - though there a lot of true experts on this site.

And BITOG bingo. It doesn't get enough attention. It's the best too.

And like OP - I kinda like to keep in the know on stuff like part number changes or "is Motorcraft vivid fuscia antifreeze REALLY just Prestone Glorpglob?" - though you have to sort through a bunch of wrong answers on questions like that.

So I can peruse data - like UOA's and make comments like 'oil is oil' because that's what the data suggests. I also enjoy reading things about tools, cause tools be helpful, repair sections - cause you never know when you might glean a bit of important information. There are even some helpful people on here, and some that are usually helpful but sometimes post a response because they think their ALL of their input is valuable. Those are the best. The 'imanexperts' - though there a lot of true experts on this site.

And BITOG bingo. It doesn't get enough attention. It's the best too.

And like OP - I kinda like to keep in the know on stuff like part number changes or "is Motorcraft vivid fuscia antifreeze REALLY just Prestone Glorpglob?" - though you have to sort through a bunch of wrong answers on questions like that.
It was a rhetorical question by the way…. Your explanation is indeed the reason. For someone to be “called out” for questioning anything here is outlandish…..

I thought Quaker State Full Synthetic was their "top of the line" now as it seems their Ultimate Synthetic has also been discontinued???...when I go to Quaker State's website they don't show Ultimate Synthetic any more but if I search Quaker State Ultimate Synthetic I can still find it on a website...but I suspect that is old information that's still out there...

of course after writing this I see on Quaker State's website with a May 2023 date at the bottom that Ultimate Synthetic is still there despite not showing it when I searched in the last week...

Bill

Last edited:
is Quaker State Ultimate Synthetic a Walmart only oil???...I've seen it on sale there only while most other places show QS Full Synthetic as Quaker State's top synthetic oil...

Bill

Back