Rev-X Oil Additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not here to ask about this product nor say whether it works or not. But I was just looking through Oil Additives on eBay. I find it interesting how many I see on there that I have never heard of before. So I looked at the products page and was reading the description of how it works. I can see why it would be pretty convincing to the average person. I was just wondering if you would agree that they make a good argument for the product that the average person would believe. The item number for it on eBay is 270445286583.

Why wouldn't the oil industry sell you the best possible fluids that they could create? Simple! They would stand to lose billions of dollars per year.

no need to read any further than that - of course they won't sell you the best! that would cost them billions of dollars - and if you're dumb enough to get by that sentence, then you're dumb enough to swallow the rest and part with your hard earned money.

the average person only believes it if they see it for themselves:
the crank case must be drained out, and then the vehicle run with NO OIL for two months on the race track, winning all tournaments.

only then will the average person believe it.

Hey there guys,
I just want to say that if you have not tried this product you should! The REV-X product was recomended to me by a diesel shop mechanic for my 2003 F250 with the problem plagued 6.0 PowerStroke. I will say that what I read on their web site understated the results of what the product achieved with my vehicle. My truck never ran as good new as it does now with their product and 126K on the odometer. Within a very short time the fuel mileage of my truck went up 2.3 mpg on the highway as well. I have suggested REV-X to everyone I know who owns a 6.0 Powerstroke and they have all seen the same results. Get past the [censored] website and check em out. They have got something that I can't explain, but, it works.

Hi.

I have, but only in a manual transmission. However, the results from that one, was rather convincing.
I am going to use it in the engine, on a car we recently bought(a 1993 Nissan Sunny 2.0 diesel, with 200000 miles on the odometer.
The car doesn't use any oil, and have been using group 4 and 5 synthetic all its life.
The previous owner did not use any additives.

In another car we have, I will(in addition to the transmission) add it to the differential.
Interesting about the guaranteed they give, when you use it in your manual transmission(can not be used in automatic transmissions).

Didn't you already go for even more expensive oil additive? The one which claims to increase the torque by 50%? Do you have the results of your tests yet?

- Vikas

I have an 8 oz shot of this stuff in my 6.0L diesel motor right now. No joking, the stuff really helped my cold morning starts.

That's all I can say. I will do an UOA in 5k miles. I'm running MC 15w-40 with an 8oz shot of Rev-X.

I'm not saying its magic in a bottle, and its hard to believe that 8 ounces of something added to 15qts of oil would make a difference, but so far it definitely has.

Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob
I have an 8 oz shot of this stuff in my 6.0L diesel motor right now. No joking, the stuff really helped my cold morning starts.

That's all I can say. I will do an UOA in 5k miles. I'm running MC 15w-40 with an 8oz shot of Rev-X.

I'm not saying its magic in a bottle, and its hard to believe that 8 ounces of something added to 15qts of oil would make a difference, but so far it definitely has.

What you are saying is that half an ounce treats 1qt of oil?
Is that what's on the label, since I could not see that information on their website?

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Didn't you already go for even more expensive oil additive? The one which claims to increase the torque by 50%? Do you have the results of your tests yet?

- Vikas

I don't remember any UOAs from jonny-b.

Originally Posted By: Nik
Originally Posted By: FiremarshalRob

What you are saying is that half an ounce treats 1qt of oil?
Is that what's on the label, since I could not see that information on their website?

No its not recommended on a per qt basis. On a diesel truck they recommend for the initial dose 2 bottles (8oz). Then every oil change after that 1 bottle (4oz).

So far so good for me. I'm still puzzled by this stuff.

It must be ester based, same as Lubegard oil additive. I asked them (Rev-X) about caveats using group 5 oil with it, they recommend group 4. That reminds me of Auto-rx and ester based oil. Competing chemistry.

But it costs almost as much as some group 4 oils, it's just too much, IMO. Plus, you are supposed to add it with every oil change, so it means $40 oil + $30 Rev-X, almost double.

Originally Posted By: Vikas

- Vikas

Hi, Vikas.

Yes, I did go for a more expencive additive in ANOTHER car. In the engine.
I also decided to try Rev-X in the transmission of the same car, since it would not affect the other additive, present in the engine.

I don't have any conclutions about the Nanovit(Nanooil), yet.

Jonny

Last edited:
We bought another old Nissan (Sunny 2.0 Diesel, 1993 model), two weeks ago.
It is technically perfect, and have been using group 4 & 5 oil in the engine, all of its 321000 kilometers life.

However, it is so underpowered, that you wouldn't believe it. I have been driving a Mercedes 240 diesel(123 series) several years ago, and the acceleration is similar.

It is an amazing difference from the Nissan Laurel 2.8 diesel we have had for 3 1/2 years, but on the Laurel, I have been using some additives to the oil :) and in the diesel.

Of course it can be a partly clogged diesel filter, that is playing us a trick on the Sunny, but I think the difference is because this Sunny has never seen any additives in the diesel or in the oil.
It has always been used the best quality of fuel and oil in the Sunny, as well as regular maintenance and service on it(only 6000 mile OCI, and you know what I mean about that(totally waste to change that often, if using the right additives).
Another thing worth noticing, is that both cars have almost the same MPG, now, when driving the same route.

The difference should have been at least 12-14 MPG in favour of the Sunny, considering this: Laurel weight is 1370 kg and the Sunny is 1120 kg. The Laurel engine is a 2.8 liter six cylinder with 90 hp and the Sunny is a 2 liter 4-cylinder with 75 hp.

Actually, the Sunny has 14,9 kilo for every horsepower, and the Laurel has 15,3 kilo for every horsepower.
When driving, it feels like the Laurel has 40 horsepower more, even though the difference should only be 15.

I have seen this in real life, too, since a friend of mine rented a VW Passat with a 105 hp turbodiesel, and it was slightly SLOWER than the Laurel.
This was in acceleration from 60km/h up to 130 km/h(didn't try it in higher speeds, because of police-fear).
We found this to be rather strange.

I will try Rev-X in the Sunny's engine, within 3-4 weeks, and see if it can do something.

When I filled the fuel tank on the Sunny, it had been using 0.61 liters per 10 kilometers.
The Laurel had been using 0.63 liters every 10 kilometers.

In MPG, it translates into 37.33 for the Laurel and 38.56 for the Sunny.

Not bad with a lot of idling, because of the cold weather.
Down to -22 degrees Celsius(-7.6 Fahrenheit).

And remember, on both these cars, it's a mechanical diesel pump, with no electronic stuff.

Last edited:
I have also started the use of F2-21 fuel additive and H2oil oil additive, since I got it for free.
Just to see if it does any difference at all(and hopefully do some cleaning), the few thousand kilometers we have left, before changing oil and adding Rev-X.

Yes, it is.

I took a brief look, and for their PSF, it seem like they use an ester type of some kind.

It would be worth a try.
It is also reasonable priced.

But, if you compare to Rev-X, you will have to use 3 times more.

The only way to find out more, is to try it for yourself.

Good luck!

Quote:
...As the treated component (engine, transmission, differential or hydraulic system) runs through heat cycles the additive is absorbed into the pores of the work hardened metal surface that it lubricates....

Uh oh!

Work hardened metal surfaces and now "absorbed into the pores."

Where have we heard that before?
18.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back