Originally Posted By: jonny-b
Originally Posted By: Trajan
Work hardened metal surface.

Absorbed into the pores.

2500 times denser.

300,000 miles on the same oil.

Additives that replenish themselves.

All of it marketing shill.

I don't want the marketing, I want the science behind it all.

Use it or not old boy. No one really cares. But the rest of us need more than marketing.

Of course I will use it, if it continues to give good results, in performance.
It would be rather stupid, not to use it, if it is saving money.

However, that remains to be seen.

The wants on this board, however, is very hard to satisfy.
Some people here want technical info, so that they can read about it(and do no more with it).

Others, want to learn about products that can give a slightly better performance, in some way(MPG, improved performance, longer OCI, etc.).

Learning by doing, is the best way for me, to see if a product is doing something.

Telling about it, shouldn't be such a big deal, since I have nothing to gain from it.

For those people who wants technical info,just for reading, ignore this tread.
For those who want to hear about the small differences in performance that this stuff made in a particular application, this could be interesting.

Everybody doesn't want the same thing, and there should be room for most people, here.

You make a bold claim about this product being nothing, except marketing shill.
Well, I simply don't agree with you, after trying it.

And, that's the big difference; you really don't know what you are talking about, since there isn't enough info about it for you to read about.

I read about it, then I found it interesting that 10 people at another oil-board, had good results with it(everybody that tested it, had positive results).
Of course, I found a lot of negative writing about it.
But, it was all from persons that didn't try it.
What these people think about it, is rather useless, most of the time.
I then decided to give it a try, to really see what it is all about.
I have personal experience with it, and you don't, that's the difference.

I say if it works for you don't worry what others say and I am sure you do not do that anyways.

[/quote]

"I say if it works for you don't worry what others say and I am sure you do not do that anyways". [/quote]

You are correct in that I don't worry about what others say.

But, I really like BITOG and its surrounding community, and I wouldn't like posting things people hate to see here.

At least not all of the time
banana2.gif

Last edited:
Hate to revive an old post but I was amused by how quick this went from a discussion on Rev-X to comparing it to Z-Max. Then everyone wanted scientific results. If you base Rev-X and a fix everything oil based, I don't have any info on that. But if you own a Ford 6.0 or 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel, then this is the what you need to fix cold start issues. If you need proof just go to any diesel forum that has PowerStroke Diesels and do a search for Rev-X. You will find all the proof you need from those who have used the product.

As far as what is in this, I am over 50 and Remember using a Oil Cans to change oil with. One thing that I remember was the smell of the old Havoline products. This is back before they even made multi-grade oils. I have not smelled any oil in resent years with that smell. When I first got the Rev-X I opened the bottle and smelled it. It was like turning back the clock. As many know the EPA has removed many of the additives that was in oil within the last decade. Try to break-in a non-roller cam with out putting in a additive on the break-in. Oil has changed and Rev-X has found something that works in the Ford PSD. Ford uses a High Pressure Oil Pump to activate the injectors from the oil side of the system. What ever motor oil you are using is subject to over 3000 psi from the HPOP. It has been proven with the O/A that the PSD will sheer oil down. Rev-X is working on the oil side of this HPOP to make the injectors work better under cold start conditions. I have used Rev-X back before the weather got warm and it helped my truck on the cold start. Yesterday I had left my truck out in the sun and went to start it and then the temps came up the oil and water was at 135 degrees. It felt like 200 in the cab. During the summer months many probably will not see any problems with cold start issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back