Replacement Tubing for Mityvac 7201 Fluid Extractor

I’ve been using this fluid extractor for 3 year. Tubes have gotten petrified. Afraid it might break off inside the dipstick tube.

Does anyone happen to know of a replacement kit. I don’t see anything on Amazon. Thanks

IMG_5564.jpeg

I’ve been using this fluid extractor for 3 year. Tubes have gotten petrified. Afraid it might break off inside the dipstick tube.
Interesting.
I've never encountered that with my extractor. The tubes are as pliable as they were when the unit was new(almost 10 years ago).
Seems like an issue with the materials used to make the tubes on your unit.

any kind of tubing ever made is available on amazon or ebay There are plastic/common chemical like motor oil brake fluid compatability charts on the internet

Should be easy to find something

I find ATF in particular will “petrify” clear tubing after time. Engine oil much less so. I try to soap/rinse my pump and suction hosing after use, and blow out with air, but it still happens after time. Where possible, I replace it w/fuel grade hosing, which helps.

That likely won’t work on your dipstick tube (too constricted because of hose wall thickness). But you can go to Ace and get clear tubing replacement cheaply. That’s where I get clear tubing for my ATF swap hoses.

I use the plastic tubing for ice maker water lines. Seems to work well. Just don't exceed working temp of line. Guessing 180F. Never had a problem, and it is inexpensive.

Google it; I got several hits. Ebay...

I’m a total blockhead and a dimwit and a number of other similar nouns — all in the same vial… I’ve no other explanation as to why I’ve only searched Amazon and did not bother to google it. What an ph-a-king imbecile I am 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks, I’ve just ordered a kit from eBay

I’m a total blockhead and a dimwit and a number of other similar nouns — all in the same vial… I’ve no other explanation as to why I’ve only searched Amazon and did not bother to google it. What an ph-a-king imbecile I am 🤦🏻‍♂️

Thanks, I’ve just ordered a kit from eBay
Dude, your ROCK!

I’ve had the same lines for about 4 years. Yes they are very stiff. But not so much to appear in danger of cracking or breaking off.

If they were more pliable, I think they would collapse during the “vacuuming out” procedure.
That’s a good point, that unit can draw a pretty big vacuum when sucking through the smaller hose.

Be happy yours still works, a lot don't.

They require a complete washing, rinsing, and drying out each time after using almost every type of automotive lubricant or coolant. That’s the only way I’ve had mine to be trouble free for years. IIRC, the manual mentions the necessity of cleaning after using. They should come with a gallon of Simple Green cleaner.

My neighbor, who had the same model, didn’t see the need for cleanliness and had the seals get sticky and deteriorate after a year and a half.

Plus, the fact that it needs to be stiff to get down into engine/transmission pan.

I always hated wrestling with the curled tubing out of the box.
Now I store all three hoses in a piece of 3/4" pvc x 5 ft long.

I do essentially the same thing with a gravity assist.

On an exposed wood board in my garage I put two wood screws in side by side, about a 1/2” apart, and 6 ft above the floor. I just hang the tubes by their wide rubber end sandwiched between the wood screws. It only took a couple of days for them to relax and hang straight down. Might take longer this time of year.

I bought a extra tubing kit at Home Depot... they sell the extractor and a extra tubing kit, .
So i have a dedicated tubing kit for each car, and a brand new spare set.
The very first extractor i bought in 2013, one of the tubes was kinked.
Never did vacuum well.
I bought the extra kit online, btw,

Back