Oil extractor longer hose

Hi all-

I have the 6.5L Schwaben extractor. On my Audi it does seem the extension tubes are not long enough to hit the bottom of the oil pan.

It lists the extension tubes as
  • Two 35" extension tubes 1/4" and 3/16" OD ( couples to main tube).
Is there any other options I have to get a longer 1/4 tube? It seems like I need an extra 6" to be covered for all applications, including other transmission dipsticks.

Note: I dont want to just buy some 1/4 tubing because when the oil is hot, there have been reports that some tubing will melt and get stuck in the pan. The extension tube that I have right now has a metal rod that helps keep its structure when hot.

Suggestions?

I use similar evacuator on my Q3 and it pulls out 6 qts. I do have to plug it into the larger one in order to set the evac on the floor. Hopefully someone will have a good answer for you.

Would seem to me that if you went to a parts store and got 1/4" nitrile rubber tubing you would be fine. Nitrile is used when oil resistance is needed and handles hot ATF etc in cars.

Just go to like an Ace hardware and get 1/4 inch refrigeration tubing.

Read my note in bold. Reports on the audi forums of the tubes warping and getting stuck. Not something I want to risk.

I could just drain from below like the old school, but removing the pan is sort of tedious on the B8 audi's - there are a dozen screws, and torx nuts. Takes almost as much time to remove all the **** things, I would be half way through evacuation....

Set the oil extractor on a stool, then it will reach. Had to do that on my Tiguan.

Removing the belly pan is life when you do oil changes on a VAG product.

Set the oil extractor on a stool, then it will reach. Had to do that on my Tiguan.

Removing the belly pan is life when you do oil changes on a VAG product.
The tube itself is not long enough - it goes all the way down to the rubber adapter/connector. I can't go any further into the pan. Its not a question of distance to the extractor - the tube itself is just slightly too short.

Have you thought about cutting the tubing closer to the actual extractor and putting an extension at that point instead?

As in, splice it in. That way the original tubing still goes into the pan and the "new" tubing is outside where you can change it out if you have to.

Last edited:
good hardware store will sell small dia. brass tubing..find the size that just fits into your 1/4 id (5/32?) and go with that for the whole engine depth..it slows the process down a bit and the oil needs to be hot but works well.

Have you thought about cutting the tubing closer to the actual extractor and putting an extension at that point instead?

As in, splice it in. That way the original tubing still goes into the pan and the "new" tubing is outside where you can change it out if you have to.
Won't work - This is the tube here > the black rubber adapter goes all the way to the dipstick tube. I just need a longer tube - but something that has a metal rod within it. I just don't know if theres another brand that offers something 40" or longer that would work on my one too.

Maybe the photo helps explain.

1658187212267.jpg

Buy a longer piece to come from the extractor, and use a rubber connector etc to connect them. Then you don't need to worry about it getting hot from sticking it in the engine as much...

I actually read and comprehended your posts.
Here's a possible 39.3" (100cm or 1 meter) replacement for you.
Not quite the 41" you might be looking for.
There are several on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/FIRSTINFO-Ny...locphy=1018727&hvtargid=pla-441844113036&th=1

This one is a little more expensive, but has the metal rod.

https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Super-Changer-Vacuum-Extractor/dp/B07LGT6PQ7/ref=sr_1_35?crid=2WF649XC9VNDD&keywords=oil+Extractor+tube+41"+inch&qid=1658186459&s=automotive&sprefix=oil+extractor+tube+41+inch,automotive,352&sr=1-35

I actually read and comprehended your posts.
Here's a possible 39.3" (100cm or 1 meter) replacement for you.
Not quite the 41" you might be looking for.
There are several on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/FIRSTINFO-Ny...locphy=1018727&hvtargid=pla-441844113036&th=1

This one is a little more expensive, but has the metal rod.

https://www.amazon.com/EWK-Super-Changer-Vacuum-Extractor/dp/B07LGT6PQ7/ref=sr_1_35?crid=2WF649XC9VNDD&keywords=oil+Extractor+tube+41"+inch&qid=1658186459&s=automotive&sprefix=oil+extractor+tube+41+inch,automotive,352&sr=1-35

This should do the trick! I dont think I'm but a few inches off, so the extra 4" I bet would do the trick. I'll pay $20 to feel confident it won't warp on me and get stuck in the pan.

Back