Remote Filter for my 96 chevy 1500 5.7

What is the biggest filter I can run? I want to put a remote on one the truck to hold more oil and get better filtration, I'm thinking a semi oil filter.

if you are dead set on running a remote filter i would use one to mount a fram PH8a sized filter. absolutely massive filter element in there. IMO i’d run a Fram Endurance FE8a filter or if you can find an OG wire backed Titanium FS8a at AAP.

otherwise you can still find OG wire backed FS5 filters at AAP and i see no reason to really add a remote filter. you wont be increasing sump size by that much and you’re adding multiple new points of potential failure.

Or if you want to run the biggest filter possible that has a ADBV i would go with a Donaldson P502503 as a remote filter. So you dont have to hassle finding a check valve fitting to add to the line. Filter is so huge it should add about over a quart of extra oil to the total capacity which helps for extended drains and top of the line micron rating of 15.

I been wanting to do a glowshift dash A frame mod someday for additional oiling system sensors and readout guages. If my vehicle has room it would be my filter of choice.

Back