REMINDER - Wear your Seat-Belt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 65cuda
My inlaws and my Dad didn't want to wear seatbelts and I was fine with it, but I also told them that I wouldn't push the issue until I got a ticket for it. Of course none of the trucks or cars the inlaws had, had seat belts in them so they didn't see the use of them. I always thought that they were a good idea and have used them since the early 70's. I do sometimes wonder with all the air bags that cars have on them if maybe we haven't gone a little too far.

Air bags are designed to work as a supplemental means of protection. They work once. Once they're inflated, they don't reinflate. In a pileup there can be multiple collisions. Also - they require proper positioning, and the seat belts (and seat belt functionality) allows the supplemental protection to work better.

While I undersstand that I also understand the cost of replacing all these air bags. I also believe that even the seat belts that were is use are suppose to be replaced. I have a fair amount of faith in seat belts, but since I don't drive with my hands in the proper position I going to end up with probably at least a broken nose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back