refreshing my Corvair

For those interested, I have retired and am now living in Palm Coast, Fl (just north of Daytona). My Corvair, Mini, and Dauphine are in a 40' container making the journey to my house there. As of this morning the ship is in a port in southern Chile. It will soon go through the straights of Magellan, up to Buenas Aires, then Brazil, etc., eventually passing the container off in the Caribbean to a Miami bound ship.
Glad you are doing well.

For those interested, I have retired and am now living in Palm Coast, Fl (just north of Daytona). My Corvair, Mini, and Dauphine are in a 40' container making the journey to my house there. As of this morning the ship is in a port in southern Chile. It will soon go through the straights of Magellan, up to Buenas Aires, then Brazil, etc., eventually passing the container off in the Caribbean to a Miami bound ship.
Great to see you back on the forum, I always enjoyed your posts!

Instead of going around South America like it had the previous trip, it turned around, made stops up the coast, off loaded in Panama, where the container went on the train across to the other port, and was picked up and taken to Port Everglades. Spent a week there in Homeland Security and finding transport 280 miles north to me.
So they took 50 days to go 7000 miles, but are now in my garage.

I went to register them and found I need to get inspections because they came from outside Florida, but first needed certified and notarized translated Bolivian titles, so I had that done and am awaiting appointments to take them 1 hour south of here for inspections. They will issue temporary tags for that.
1690123005832.jpeg

Back