Recommendations for a rechargeable flashlight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please recommend a rechargeable approximately the size of a conventional two or three D-size flashlight. I am open to LED or incandescent, NiCad or Lithium ion.
Thanks.

Picked up a Dorcy LED rechargeable one from Sears just over a year ago for fifty bucks. Rated at 220 Lumens. Comes with both a charger for the house and car. I haven't used it long enough to recommend nor have I compared it to other rechargeable flashlights.

I would only go with LiIon (for a rechargeable). When you want to use a flashlight you want it to have a charge.

But if you go LED, you may not need rechargeable. The battery will last a long long time with occasional use.

Pelican makes both LED and Zenon flashlights. Lifetime warranty.

Last edited:
How much do you want to spend? Do you already have some 18650 rechargeable batteries and charger? Some of the brands I like, Olight, jet beam, nitecore, and Fenix to name a few.

Olight SR95S

More realistic prices below.

Olight M3X

streamlight rechargeable halogen

Olight M22 warrior XML2

nitecore mt40

I really like many of the Olight lights I have 3 myself. I prefer single 18650 portable lights though, I carry an S20 baton every day it's super small.

What are you going to be using the flashlight for?

A flashlight that size is often used for police work. They value a strong case and the heavy weight of three or four D-sized alkaline batteries. Smaller lighter flashlights with lithium batteries don't have nearly the impact.

LED flashlights are the only game in town when it comes to light output and reliability. Buy a single LED for controlled light output and focus, or one with multiple LEDs when efficiency and cost is more important than tight focus.

Lithium cells are lighter than alkaline, more power-dense and can be recharged.

Streamlight Stinger LED with piggyback charger and second battery. You'll never buy another light again.

Led Lenser Tach Torch-I have 2 of them, both little aluminum lights with 3 AAA (removable) rechargeable batteries each. The first one actually came wedged in the seat of the F-450 when I bought it, has to be at least 6-7 years old, still works perfectly.

Sounds like you have some good discussion already but I would ask why do you want a light that size? You can get a 1 or 2 AA or 1 or 2 CR123A light and run rechargeable batteries, get similar performance and have a much more compact device. Fenix or 4sevens would be my top picks, or if you want to run primaries (not rechargeable) then Surefire is pretty much the king of the hill.

I'll vote for the streamlights, take a look through their catalog, they have a big selection of rechargables in various sizes and light outputs. The great thing is that you can get all the parts to rebuild them if they get damaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back