Realtors in Florida

20 percent up front with 6 draws max... Not bad.
check the builder out closely ... and use a bank to finance even if you are going to pay cash . Floriduh and shady builders are as synonymous as the mob and waste disposal..
Metro Homes down near me went bankrupt , left a bunch of buyers in the lurch.
no shidt, but they started one house kitty corner on a lot behind me.. probably be years before they straighten this one out. https://www.fox4now.com/collier-cou...ies-say-four-times-more-to-finish-their-homes

Life hack. Don’t use any of the home inspectors your realtor recommends. Realtors know which home inspectors will “go easy” and won’t list bad things that could blow the sale. It’s not like realtors will recommend the home inspectors which will ruin their commission. Hire your own independent one who operates as a lone wolf and isn’t liked by builders/realtors. They may be harder to find but they’re out there. In most industries this would be considered a “conflict of interest” but welcome to real estate… it would be like a contractor who built a building for a customer having his buddy do the final inspection!

I’m a licensed engineer and for some years have been thinking about opening up my own home inspection business. But I refuse to bow to the realtors ethically. If I am hired to inspect a home I’ll give you a laundry list of every defect or concern I have. It’s for you as the buyer to decide if it’s worth purchasing or not. My job is to educate you! How successful a business model this would be I’m not sure. Most people don’t care or know any better. But I can tell you my flyer probably wouldn’t be in front of a realtor office.

Last edited:
Life hack. Don’t use any of the home inspectors your realtor recommends. Realtors know which home inspectors will “go easy” and won’t list bad things that could blow the sale. It’s not like realtors will recommend the home inspectors which will ruin their commission. Hire your own independent one who operates as a lone wolf and isn’t liked by builders/realtors. They may be harder to find but they’re out there. In most industries this would be considered a “conflict of interest” but welcome to real estate… it would be like a contractor who built a building for a customer having his buddy do the final inspection!

I’m a licensed engineer and for some years have been thinking about opening up my own home inspection business. But I refuse to bow to the realtors ethically. If I am hired to inspect a home I’ll give you a laundry list of every defect or concern I have. It’s for you as the buyer to decide if it’s worth purchasing or not. My job is to educate you! How successful a business model this would be I’m not sure. Most people don’t care or know any better. But I can tell you my flyer probably won’t be in front of a realtor office.
You could also be a consultant for new builds. An advocate for the buyers. I forget the correct term but weekly inspections for the buyers . Most really have no idea how a house is built or codes.

I had a call from a husband and wife team (realtors) trying to buy a property I have. They tried to slick me and I just laughed. Yet another bunch of crooks ..
And I do have a top notch guy as stated so I don't dislike all realtors. But most are gamers.

Name them.

I agree.
I forgot to tell you...no concrete for me. It looks ugly and gets ironed up and nasty. Pavers for me..
Funny a hotel I frequent has asphalt and the oil dripping cars would burn a hole clear through it... We don't get that here but then again I don't have or like oil drippers...

I had a call from a husband and wife team (realtors) trying to buy a property I have. They tried to slick me and I just laughed. Yet another bunch of crooks ..
And I do have a top notch guy as stated so I don't dislike all realtors. But most are gamers.

Just wondering if majority of your income is real estate or you have a full time job outside your properties ?

Yes, lots of sleezy realtors that are crooks.

I am self employed and work by myself 7 days a week . Always did but also worked in a family construction business on the side full time for 13 years.

I guess I got into properties from playing monopoly as a kid. I'd buy the board and soak the other players rent...lol
True story. I bought 3.5 acres for $29k when I turned 18 and a year later was offered $57k so I flipped it.
That got me started. Weirdly I don't list properties as people find me.
My lifestyle matches @atikovi
Seriously 😳
Thanks for asking.

Good to see you are making good money with your properties and know what you’re doing. (y)

Some folks watch HGTV and think it’s very easy to buy a property, fix up and sell for a BIG profit. TV makes everything look soooo easy.
yea, aint that the truth. in laws are in the building business.. they go from being millionaires to hiding the vehicles so the repo man cant find them. :) Have a co worker who lucked into flipping houses at the right time. early 2000's bought a repo condo cheap, fixed it up and made good money... did it again, did it again.... well about 2007 he decided it was time to build a house of his own to sell and you all know what happened about that time frame... he lost everything on that... I talked to him about it, me being on the periphery of the business for awhile and told him he just fell into it when it was EZ, and got caught when it all took a crap.. live and learn.

Sounds just like the stock market. I have a flipping rule .
If you're successful flipping the same stock twice in one day, never ever go for the third flip...
My buddy learned that the hard way. Double dip but never triple dip . 😂

I have been in real estate 37 yrs and watched many come and go. Most look at it as easy money but when they find out you actually have to work to make money, they go back to being hairdressers.

Reaserch any agent and don't always go to the piad review sites. An agent worth his/her price will be easy to find and if asked will give you names and numbers of past clients. I have some clients that I have worked woth over 30 yrs (I'm commercial only and they are repeat customers).

In Florida, its illegal to get kick backs for inspectors, lenders etc. The agent should give you a list of names and allow you to pic whoever you want. Having a list is still problematic so my standard reply is look on google or many years ago, use the phone book. Agents would have liability if they provided you any type of contractor that in turns screws soemthing up or misses something. I'm not saying every agent will comply to this but they should.

The value of a seasoned agent is his/her ability to work through an edicated offer based on facts and comps, not feelings. If you ask an agent what a house or property might be worth, unless they provide you with the research they did to get there, move on. Now that goes out the window in a huge subdivision with lots of sales, it then boils down to a per square foot price but the agent should give you that info.

One of the things that I always did is rather than assume the lsiting agent knew what they were doing is by sking them to provide me the comps they used to arrive at this list price. That will throw most off but it makes a difference. I just had an offer accepted for $675,000 on a buildig that was listed at $975,999 because the listing agent could not justify his price and the seller realized that he had no clue what he was talking about and took our offer.

Best of luck and OP feel free to DM me and I can get you a great agent in your area.

Tim Harber, CCIM (https://www.flccim.com/about-ccim/)

I have been in real estate 37 yrs and watched many come and go. Most look at it as easy money but when they find out you actually have to work to make money, they go back to being hairdressers.

Reaserch any agent and don't always go to the piad review sites. An agent worth his/her price will be easy to find and if asked will give you names and numbers of past clients. I have some clients that I have worked woth over 30 yrs (I'm commercial only and they are repeat customers).

In Florida, its illegal to get kick backs for inspectors, lenders etc. The agent should give you a list of names and allow you to pic whoever you want. Having a list is still problematic so my standard reply is look on google or many years ago, use the phone book. Agents would have liability if they provided you any type of contractor that in turns screws soemthing up or misses something. I'm not saying every agent will comply to this but they should.

The value of a seasoned agent is his/her ability to work through an edicated offer based on facts and comps, not feelings. If you ask an agent what a house or property might be worth, unless they provide you with the research they did to get there, move on. Now that goes out the window in a huge subdivision with lots of sales, it then boils down to a per square foot price but the agent should give you that info.

One of the things that I always did is rather than assume the lsiting agent knew what they were doing is by sking them to provide me the comps they used to arrive at this list price. That will throw most off but it makes a difference. I just had an offer accepted for $675,000 on a buildig that was listed at $975,999 because the listing agent could not justify his price and the seller realized that he had no clue what he was talking about and took our offer.

Best of luck and OP feel free to DM me and I can get you a great agent in your area.

Tim Harber, CCIM (https://www.flccim.com/about-ccim/)
Great post and thank you!

Sounds just like the stock market. I have a flipping rule .
If you're successful flipping the same stock twice in one day, never ever go for the third flip...
My buddy learned that the hard way. Double dip but never triple dip . 😂
yeah, lets face it, there is a difference between speculating ( betting) and investing ( which requires some patience) ,
in my friends case, he didn't know what he was doing, but he walked into it when it was EZ and he learned a very expensive lesson..

I am seeing many houses in Florida sitting on the market from 90 to 250 days in the listings. The party may be over

In eastern Maryland I'm seeing nice homes selling in 1 day.
Has Florida hit the saturation point? Talking mainly Palm Coast, St. Augustine, and Daytona area.

don't know the answer to that but guy across the street from me ( Collier Cty Fl ) finally sold his house after more than a year on the listings. Fact he started out asking way too much and then doing the for sale by owner routine probably did not help.

I am seeing many houses in Florida sitting on the market from 90 to 250 days in the listings. The party may be over

In eastern Maryland I'm seeing nice homes selling in 1 day.
Has Florida hit the saturation point? Talking mainly Palm Coast, St. Augustine, and Daytona area.

Lots of folks can not afford a house with these rates even if house was ‘discounted’ .

Sellers might have to settle for less gains and dump property for whatever they can get.

Theres still cash buyers wanting lower prices and willing to wait on the sidelines.

Back