Racor "Oil Guard" LFS 800 bypass filt, Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has 24 hrs left on the auction. Looks like Racor has the Filter MSRP $178.35 The element is shown as MSRP for $25.9 each.

I would think that the elements could be bought cheaper somwhere else. The filter is on auction is starting around $49.95

I don't think that you'll find the elements any cheaper anywhere else. They kinda keep the ball in their court with ba$tard sizing and limited distribution of the product. If you wanted to, and had a long enough lifespan, you could probably have a case or two worth of comparable filters made up by several manufacturers that make cotton wound cartriges. I did this when I wanted 3.5" 20" long media. It was a normal product that they produced ..but didn't have in inventory ..so I had to wait until they produced it. I imagine that the changing of a few settings on the machine that produced it would hav puked out anything that I wanted ..again in sufficient quantity to justify the run.

But seeing that many use ONE element for 15-20k ..and seeing that you may have to buy 50-100 elements, it's unlikely that you'll justify spending the money necessary to get them at a decent price ...when you'll spend less money in your lifetime just paying the ante that Oil Guard gets retail.

It's kinda a natural supply and demand road block that is in place here. Oil Guard is the only one with the type of demand that justifies such production of any economy.

Ya they kinda got ya on those elements. But its still a good set up.

They must want to sell it bad because it just got relisted. Please buy it someone or I might be tempted!

Just bought a RACOR LFS-802 for $139 (incl a filter). Bought 1 spare 802BFS at $25. South East Power Systems, Orlando.

Interesting comments of availability.

Bob Weis

The oil guard elements and housings look identical (at least in pictures) to the Rancor, might want to try one of their elements, might be the same thing they are considerably cheaper.

Oil Guard does make the Racor bypass. Identical including the elements. I sold my Oil Guard after results on 2 UOA's were less than I expected and went back to a Frantz bypass.

I sold my Oil Guard and 5 or 6 spare filters for $125 including shipping. Like brand new. I had it in the for sale section on the board and one of our members got a super deal on it.

smile.gif

The Frantz is a lot better at cleaning oil at a lot less for the elements. I would cut my losses and toss the filter and start all over with a filter that makes sense. Fleetguards best filter is the LF-750 with a large 7 1/2" by 15" element that sells for about $10.00 LF-750-A. I have one at work converted to take two rolls of Kleenex Viva and three rolls of Scott TP that will filter even better. The oil is cleaner now than when I installed it. Getting ready to send in another sample at 1000 hrs.
These filters are mostly seen on construction equipment now. Most people think that filters that clean oil are for dusty conditions. They are very important on any engine. They might increase the engine life 400% in dusty conditions and only 100% under clean conditions. I will go after 50% increase in engine life with no oil drains. I'm not greedy.
wink.gif

Ralph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back